MX23RW : Thursday, July 25 09:47:32| >> :300:86500:86500:
Barnsley
Birmingham logo
Blackpool
Bolton logo
Bristol Rovers
Burton Albion
Cambridge United
Charlton Athletic
Crawley Town
Exeter City
Huddersfield logo
Leyton Orient
Lincoln City
Mansfield Town
Northampton Town
Peterborough United
Reading logo
Rotherham logo
Shrewsbury Town
Stevenage
Stockport County
Wigan logo
Wrexham AFC
Wycombe Wanderers
Wycombe Wanderers
League One | Gameweek 39
Mar 16, 2024 at 3pm UK
Adams Park
Northampton Town

Wycombe
2 - 0
Northampton

Butcher (69', 84')
Kone (78')
FT(HT: 0-0)

Monthe (29'), Sowerby (36'), McGowan (90+5')

The Match

Preview

Sports Mole previews Saturday's League One clash between Wycombe Wanderers and Northampton Town, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Northampton 0-1 Blackpool
Tuesday, March 12 at 7.45pm in League One

We said: Wycombe Wanderers 1-1 Northampton Town

Wycombe enter into this game in the superior form of the two sides, while they have also taken victory in all of the last five meetings. However, Northampton have shown throughout the course of this season that they are not an easy team to face and we believe this one will end as a stalemate. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Wycombe Wanderers win with a probability of 59.34%. A draw had a probability of 22% and a win for Northampton Town had a probability of 18.67%.

The most likely scoreline for a Wycombe Wanderers win was 1-0 with a probability of 10.79%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 2-0 (10.28%) and 2-1 (9.93%). The likeliest drawn scoreline was 1-1 (10.42%), while for a Northampton Town win it was 0-1 (5.47%). The actual scoreline of 2-0 was predicted with a 10.3% likelihood. Our data analysis correctly predicted that Wycombe Wanderers would win this match.

Result
Wycombe WanderersDrawNorthampton Town
59.34% (0.018000000000001 0.02) 21.99% (-0.0019999999999989 -0) 18.67% (-0.013000000000002 -0.01)
Both teams to score 52.71% (-0.011999999999993 -0.01)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
54.72% (-0.0059999999999931 -0.01)45.28% (0.0080000000000027 0.01)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
32.38% (-0.0050000000000026 -0.01)67.62% (0.007000000000005 0.01)
Wycombe Wanderers Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
85.11% (0.0060000000000002 0.01)14.89% (-0.0030000000000001 -0)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
56.76% (0.0069999999999979 0.01)43.24% (-0.0039999999999978 -0)
Northampton Town Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
61.93% (-0.016000000000005 -0.02)38.07% (0.018999999999998 0.02)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
25.16% (-0.015999999999998 -0.02)74.83% (0.018000000000001 0.02)
Score Analysis
    Wycombe Wanderers 59.34%
    Northampton Town 18.67%
    Draw 21.98%
Wycombe WanderersDrawNorthampton Town
1-0 @ 10.79% (0.0099999999999998 0.01)
2-0 @ 10.28% (0.0099999999999998 0.01)
2-1 @ 9.93%
3-0 @ 6.53% (0.0040000000000004 0)
3-1 @ 6.3% (0.0010000000000003 0)
4-0 @ 3.11% (0.0020000000000002 0)
3-2 @ 3.04% (-0.00099999999999989 -0)
4-1 @ 3% (0.00099999999999989 0)
4-2 @ 1.45%
5-0 @ 1.18% (0.00099999999999989 0)
5-1 @ 1.14% (0.00099999999999989 0)
Other @ 2.58%
Total : 59.34%
1-1 @ 10.42%
0-0 @ 5.67% (0.0019999999999998 0)
2-2 @ 4.79% (-0.0030000000000001 -0)
3-3 @ 0.98% (-0.001 -0)
Other @ 0.12%
Total : 21.98%
0-1 @ 5.47% (-0.0019999999999998 -0)
1-2 @ 5.03% (-0.0030000000000001 -0)
0-2 @ 2.64% (-0.0010000000000003 -0)
1-3 @ 1.62% (-0.002 -0)
2-3 @ 1.54% (-0.002 -0)
Other @ 2.36%
Total : 18.67%

How you voted: Wycombe vs Northampton

Wycombe Wanderers
33.3%
Draw
50.0%
Northampton Town
16.7%
6
Head to Head
Sep 2, 2023 3pm
Gameweek 6
Northampton
0-1
Wycombe
McCleary (5')
Phillips (29'), De Barr (86')
Aug 9, 2022 7.45pm
First Round
Northampton
1-2
Wycombe
Appere (77' pen.)
Jacobson (28'), Mellor (34')
Pattenden (54')
Sep 4, 2018 7.45pm
Group Stage
Northampton
0-1
Wycombe

O'Toole (52'), Waters (76')
Kashket (11')
Fox (33'), Makabu-Makalambay (72')
Aug 14, 2018 7.45pm
First Round
Wycombe
1-1
Northampton
Wycombe win 7-6 on penalties
Williams (50')
Hoskins (82')
Feb 20, 2016 3pm
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!