MX23RW : Wednesday, April 17 09:04:30| >> :300:86500:86500:
Barnsley
Blackpool
Bolton logo
Bristol Rovers
Burton Albion
Cambridge United
Carlisle United
Charlton Athletic
Cheltenham Town
Derby logo
Exeter City
Fleetwood Town
Leyton Orient
Lincoln City
Northampton Town
Oxford United
Peterborough United
Port Vale
Portsmouth
Reading logo
Shrewsbury Town
Wigan logo
Wycombe Wanderers
Northampton Town
League One | Gameweek 36
Mar 2, 2024 at 3pm UK
Sixfields Stadium
Charlton Athletic

Northampton
1 - 1
Charlton

Appere (80')
Simpson (33'), Brough (76')
FT(HT: 0-1)
Anderson (4')
Coventry (71'), Edmonds-Green (90+2')

The Match

Preview

Sports Mole previews Saturday's League One clash between Northampton Town and Charlton Athletic, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Burton Albion 0-2 Northampton
Saturday, February 24 at 3pm in League One
Last Game: Derby 1-2 Charlton
Tuesday, February 27 at 7.45pm in League One

We said: Northampton Town 1-1 Charlton Athletic

Charlton would have taken a lot of confidence from Tuesday's win over Derby, but we think that they may have to settle for a draw against a Northampton side that has lost just one of their last seven home league matches. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Northampton Town win with a probability of 41.89%. A win for Charlton Athletic had a probability of 33.11% and a draw had a probability of 25%.

The most likely scoreline for a Northampton Town win was 1-0 with a probability of 8.93%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 2-1 (8.89%) and 2-0 (6.75%). The likeliest Charlton Athletic win was 0-1 (7.78%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (11.76%). The actual scoreline of 1-1 was predicted with an 11.8% likelihood. Our team at Sports Mole correctly predicted a 1-1 draw for this match.

Result
Northampton TownDrawCharlton Athletic
41.89% (-0.033000000000001 -0.03) 24.99% (0.004999999999999 0) 33.11% (0.023999999999994 0.02)
Both teams to score 57.08% (-0.018000000000001 -0.02)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
53.75% (-0.025000000000006 -0.03)46.24% (0.022999999999996 0.02)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
31.46% (-0.023 -0.02)68.53% (0.021000000000001 0.02)
Northampton Town Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
77.95% (-0.027000000000001 -0.03)22.04% (0.023 0.02)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
44.62% (-0.038000000000004 -0.04)55.37% (0.035999999999994 0.04)
Charlton Athletic Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
73.22% (0.0019999999999953 0)26.78% (-0.0040000000000013 -0)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
37.93% (0.0049999999999955 0)62.06% (-0.0080000000000027 -0.01)
Score Analysis
    Northampton Town 41.89%
    Charlton Athletic 33.11%
    Draw 24.99%
Northampton TownDrawCharlton Athletic
1-0 @ 8.93% (0.0019999999999989 0)
2-1 @ 8.89% (-0.0040000000000013 -0)
2-0 @ 6.75% (-0.0030000000000001 -0)
3-1 @ 4.48% (-0.0049999999999999 -0)
3-0 @ 3.4% (-0.004 -0)
3-2 @ 2.95% (-0.0030000000000001 -0)
4-1 @ 1.69% (-0.004 -0)
4-0 @ 1.29% (-0.0029999999999999 -0)
4-2 @ 1.12% (-0.002 -0)
Other @ 2.39%
Total : 41.89%
1-1 @ 11.76% (0.0099999999999998 0.01)
0-0 @ 5.9% (0.0049999999999999 0)
2-2 @ 5.86% (-0.0010000000000003 -0)
3-3 @ 1.3% (-0.0010000000000001 -0)
Other @ 0.18%
Total : 24.99%
0-1 @ 7.78% (0.0089999999999995 0.01)
1-2 @ 7.75% (0.0030000000000001 0)
0-2 @ 5.12% (0.0060000000000002 0.01)
1-3 @ 3.4% (0.0020000000000002 0)
2-3 @ 2.57% (-0.00099999999999989 -0)
0-3 @ 2.25% (0.0030000000000001 0)
1-4 @ 1.12% (0.00099999999999989 0)
Other @ 3.12%
Total : 33.11%

How you voted: Northampton vs Charlton

Northampton Town
0.0%
Draw
26.3%
Charlton Athletic
73.7%
19
Head to Head
Jan 23, 2024 7.45pm
Gameweek 18
Charlton
2-3
Northampton
McGowan (20' og.), Watson (45+3')
Edun (32'), Ladapo (58'), Bakinson (69'), Coventry (71')
Edun (86')
Simpson (7'), Hoskins (22'), Appere (90+7')
Hoskins (25'), Bowie (89')
Mar 9, 2021 7pm
Gameweek 35
Charlton
2-1
Northampton
Washington (64' pen., 85')
Morgan (44'), Watson (82'), Aneke (90+5')
Jones (90+3')
Kioso (40'), Edmondson (70'), Horsfall (90+5')
Oct 24, 2020 3pm
Gameweek 8
Northampton
0-2
Charlton

Racic (11'), Harriman (65'), Hoskins (81')
Pratley (54'), Sowerby (59' og.)
Forster-Caskey (82')
Mar 30, 2018 3pm
Northampton
0-4
Charlton

Moloney (34'), McWilliams (43'), Crooks (87'), Pereira (90')
Reeves (14'), Fosu (19', 51'), Magennis (79')
Pearce (71')
Aug 19, 2017 3pm
Charlton
4-1
Northampton
Magennis (2'), Holmes (61'), Forster-Caskey (94', 97')
Forster-Caskey (75'), Pearce (92')
Richards (79')
Pierre (49'), Crooks (84')
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1Portsmouth442713475393694
2Derby CountyDerby442681075373886
3Bolton WanderersBolton442411981483383
4Peterborough UnitedPeterborough432481184562880
5Barnsley4421121179601975
6Oxford UnitedOxford Utd4421101376542273
7Lincoln CityLincoln4419141163372671
8Blackpool4420101460431770
9Stevenage4418131354441067
10Leyton Orient441711165053-362
11Northampton TownNorthampton44178195563-859
12Wycombe WanderersWycombe431513155553258
13Exeter CityExeter441610184358-1558
14Bristol Rovers44169195264-1257
15Wigan AthleticWigan441810165955456
16Charlton AthleticCharlton441119146363052
17Reading441511186365-250
18Shrewsbury TownShrewsbury44138233363-3047
19Cambridge UnitedCambridge431210213859-2146
20Burton Albion441110233662-2643
21Cheltenham TownCheltenham43118243761-2441
22Port Vale441010244172-3140
23Fleetwood TownFleetwood44813234572-2737
RCarlisle UnitedCarlisle4479284076-3630


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!