MX23RW : Sunday, June 23 15:25:59| >> :600:3721286:3721286:
[monks data]
Levante logo
La Liga | Gameweek 38
May 21, 2021 at 8pm UK
Estadi Ciutat de Valencia
Cadiz logo

Levante
2 - 2
Cadiz

Marti (8'), Melero (58')
FT(HT: 1-2)
Negredo (14'), Akapo (32')
Negredo (25'), Sobrino (41')

Preview: Levante vs. Cadiz - prediction, team news, lineups

Sports Mole previews Friday's La Liga clash between Levante and Cadiz, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Cadiz will head to Levante on Friday evening knowing that a win could be enough to secure a top-10 finish in Spain's top flight.

The visitors are currently 12th in La Liga, two points behind 10th-placed Granada, while Levante occupy 14th position in the table, three points below their opponents here.


Match preview

Levante's Jose Luis Morales celebrates scoring their first goal against Barcelona in La Liga on May 11, 2021© Reuters

Levante have finished 15th, 15th and 12th in their last three La Liga seasons, and they will be ending the 2020-21 campaign in a similar position.

Indeed, a record of nine wins, 13 draws and 15 defeats from 37 matches has brought them 40 points, which is enough for 14th position entering the final round of fixtures; they are three points from 12th-placed Cadiz but only three points ahead of 16th-placed Getafe.

Paco Lopez's side looked capable of pushing for a top-half finish earlier this year, but a disappointing run of form over the last couple of months has seen them slide down the table.

The Frogs have actually lost five of their last seven in the league, failing to win in the process, and they will enter this match off the back of a disappointing 2-1 loss to Getafe on May 16.

Home form has been a problem for the Valencia-based side this term, winning just five of their 18 La Liga fixtures on their own patch, while they have not beaten Cadiz in the league since February 2010.

Cadiz's Alvaro Negredo celebrates scoring their second goal in January 2021© Reuters

Cadiz's 2020-21 campaign must be considered as a huge success, having more than competed at this level of football since gaining promotion from the Segunda Division last term.

The Yellow Submarine have comfortably avoided a relegation battle, with 43 points from 37 matches leaving them in 12th position in the table; a lot would have to happen in order to secure a top-10 finish, but a victory on Friday would, temporarily at least, move them into the top half of the division.

Alvaro Cervera's side will enter Friday's contest off the back of successive defeats to Osasuna and Elche, but they have already won twice in May, overcoming Granada and Huesca at the start of the month.

Cadiz, who are on course for their highest-ever finish at this level of football, have also impressed on their travels this term, picking up 23 points from 18 matches, losing just seven times in the process.

As mentioned, Levante have not beaten Cadiz since February 2010, but the last three league meetings between the two sides have finished level, including a 2-2 draw in the reverse fixture earlier this season.

Levante La Liga form:
  • L
  • L
  • L
  • D
  • D
  • L

Cadiz La Liga form:
  • L
  • D
  • W
  • W
  • L
  • L



Team News

Alvaro Negredo celebrates scoring for Cadiz against Barcelona on December 5, 2020© Reuters

Levante will again be without the services of Sergio Postigo, Nemanja Radoja and Nikola Vukcevic through injury for their final league match of the season.

Head coach Lopez is expected to make changes from the side that lost to Getafe, with Oscar Duarte, Roger Marti and Enis Bardhi among those likely to feature.

Jose Luis Morales could move into a central position for the hosts alongside Roger Marti, with Dani Gomez and Alejandro Cantero potentially dropping down to the bench.

As for Cadiz, Carlos Akapo, Salvi Sanchez, Luismi Quezada, Alex Fernandez and Juan Cala remain on the sidelines through injury.

Alvaro could decide to shuffle his pack from the home defeat to Elche, with the likes of Jairo Izquierdo, Alvaro Negredo and Ruben Sobrino potentially returning to the side.

Anthony Lozano played in a wide area against Elche but could now go through the middle with Negredo, who has scored seven La Liga goals during a strong campaign for the 35-year-old.

Levante possible starting lineup:
Cardenas; Coke, Duarte, Rober, Clerc; De Frutos, Melero, Malsa, Bardhi; Morales, Roger

Cadiz possible starting lineup:
Gil; Martin, Fali, Lopez, Espino; Sobrino, Jose Mari, Jonsson, Izquierdo; Lozano, Negredo


SM words green background

We say: Levante 1-1 Cadiz

There is not an awful lot between these two teams in terms of quality, and each of their last three league meetings have finished level. Cadiz should be the more confident side heading into the contest considering their away form, but we have ultimately settled on a low-scoring draw here.



Top tip

Our expert tipster partners at Sporita.com are predicting a home win in this match. Click here to find out what else they are predicting for this game and for more of their tried-and-tested football tips.Home Win:data



ID:448145:1false2false3false:QQ:: from db desktop :LenBod:collect9555:

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Levante win with a probability of 37.5%. A win for Cadiz had a probability of 35.8% and a draw had a probability of 26.7%.

The most likely scoreline for a Levante win was 1-0 with a probability of 10.1%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 2-1 (8.2%) and 2-0 (6.53%). The likeliest Cadiz win was 0-1 (9.82%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (12.69%). The actual scoreline of 2-2 was predicted with a 5.2% likelihood.


Previews by email

Click here to get Sports Mole's daily email of previews and predictions for every major game!


Game History

How you voted: Levante vs Cadiz

Levante
48.4%
Draw
29.0%
Cadiz
22.6%
124
Collect / Create New Data
Share this article now:
Barcelona manager Ronald Koeman pictured in February 2021
Read Next:
Ronald Koeman: 'Title hopes have taken a huge blow'
>
Sports Mole Logo
Enter your email address to subscribe to Sports Mole's free daily transfer newsletter! Sent twice a day during the transfer window.
rhs 2.0
Euro 2024 fixtures header
Sunday, June 23
 
8pm
Monday, June 24
 
8pm
 
8pm
Tuesday, June 25
 
5pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
 
8pm
Wednesday, June 26
 
5pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
 
8pm
Saturday, June 29
Sunday, June 30
Monday, July 1
Tuesday, July 2
Friday, July 5
Saturday, July 6
Tuesday, July 9
Wednesday, July 10
Sunday, July 14
Tables header RHS

Group A

TeamPWDLPTS
Q Germany Germany22006
2 Switzerland Switzerland21104
3 Scotland flag Scotland20111
4 Hungary Hungary20020

Group B

TeamPWDLPTS
Q Spain Spain22006
2 Italy Italy21013
3 Albania national flag Albania20111
4 Croatia Croatia20111

Group C

TeamPWDLPTS
1 England flag England21104
2 Denmark Denmark20202
3 Slovenia Slovenia20202
4 Serbia Serbia20111

Group D

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Netherlands Netherlands21104
2 France France21104
3 Austria Austria21013
4 Poland Poland20020

Group E

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Romania Romania21013
2 Belgium Belgium21013
3 Slovakia Slovakia21013
4 Ukraine Ukraine21013

Group F

TeamPWDLPTS
Q Portugal Portugal22006
2 Turkey Turkey21013
3 Czech Republic Czech Republic20111
4 Georgia Georgia20111


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!