MX23RW : Sunday, June 23 15:12:30| >> :600:3720476:3720476:
[monks data]
Levante logo
La Liga | Gameweek 20
Jan 22, 2021 at 8pm UK
Estadi Ciutat de Valencia
Real Valladolid logo

Levante
2 - 2
Real Valladolid

Gomez (62'), Marti (83')
FT(HT: 0-0)
Alcaraz (73'), Plano (78')
Toni (28')

Preview: Levante vs. Real Valladolid - prediction, team news, lineups

Sports Mole previews Friday's La Liga clash between Levante and Real Valladolid, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Two teams in relatively strong form will lock horns at Estadio Ciudad de Valencia on Friday evening as Levante welcome Real Valladolid in Spain's top flight.

Levante, who occupy 11th spot in La Liga, have won three of their last four matches in all competitions, while Valladolid have been victorious in three of their last five outings.


Match preview

Levante head coach Paco Lopez pictured in February 2020© Reuters

Levante have won five, drawn seven and lost six of their 18 La Liga matches this season, with a total of 22 points leaving them in 11th position, just two points behind eighth-placed Cadiz with a game in hand.

The Frogs are in their fourth straight season at this level but have finished 15th, 15th and 12th in their last three campaigns, meaning that the fact they are currently pushing towards the top half is a huge positive.

Paco Lopez's side will enter this game off the back of a 2-2 draw at Cadiz on Tuesday night, with Roger Marti's first-half brace not proving enough to overcome the promoted club at Estadio Ramon de Carranza.

Levante have beaten Portugalete and Fuenlabrada in the Copa del Rey and overcome Eibar in the league this month, though, and therefore should be in a confident mood heading into Friday's contest.

Each of the last two La Liga meetings between these two sides have finished level, but Levante have won their last two home games with Valladolid, including a 2-0 success in the corresponding game last term.

Real Valladolid manager Sergio Gonzalez pictured on January 2020© Reuters

Valladolid, meanwhile, will enter the clash off the back of a 2-2 draw with Elche on Tuesday, with Joaquin Fernandez levelling the scores in the 89th minute as Sergio Gonzalez's side came from two down to secure a share of the spoils against Jorge Almiron's team.

As mentioned, the White and Violets have won three of their last five matches in all competitions, although two of those victories have been in the Copa del Rey, overcoming Marbella and Pena Deportiva.

In terms of the league, Valladolid have picked up five points from their last four matches, drawing with Cadiz and Elche, beating Getafe and suffering a 1-0 home defeat to Valencia.

A total of 19 points from 19 matches has left Sergio's side down in 16th position in the table, just two points clear of the relegation zone, and it would not be a surprise to see the team battling in and around the bottom three during the final months of the 2020-21 campaign.

Levante La Liga form: WDWLWD
Levante form (all competitions): WLWWWD

Real Valladolid La Liga form: DLDWLD
Real Valladolid form (all competitions): DWWLWD


Team News

Barcelona's Lionel Messi in action with Levante's Gonzalo Melero in La Liga on December 13, 2020© Reuters

Levante will again be without the services of Jose Campana, Nikola Vukcevic and Rober Pier, but the home side did not pick up any fresh concerns in the draw with Cadiz.

Head coach Lopez is expected to keep faith with the majority of the side that started on Tuesday, with Sergio Leon potentially keeping his spot alongside Marti in the final third of the field.

There could be a change in the middle of the defence, though, with Ruben Vezo possibly replacing Sergio Postigo, while Ruben Rochina is pushing for a spot in midfield.

Valladolid will again be without a number of first-team players on Friday night through a combination of suspension, injury and illness.

Sergi Guardiola, Javi Sanchez, Raul Garcia, Maranhao and Saidy Janko are all still injured, while coronavirus will rule Jota, Waldo Rubio and Jawad El Yamiq out of the contest.

Bruno Gonzalez will be available following a one-game suspension, but Valladolid have now lost Roque Mesa to a ban, with the midfielder picking up a red card against Elche on Tuesday night.

As a result, Sergio does not have many options for change, meaning that the likes of Fabian Orellana, Shon Weissman, Oscar Plano and Kike Perez should again be in the starting side.

Levante possible starting lineup:
Fernandez; Miramon, Vezo, Duarte, Clerc; De Frutos, Radoja, Malsa, Morales; Leon, Marti

Real Valladolid possible starting lineup:
Masip; Perez, Joaquin, Bruno, Martinez; Michel, Fede, Perez; Orellana, Weissman, Plano


SM words green background

We say: Levante 1-0 Real Valladolid

A full-strength Valladolid would fancy their chances of picking up a positive result on Friday, but the visitors will again be without a number of important players. Levante's recent form has been strong, meanwhile, and we fancy the home side to collect all three points courtesy of a narrow success.


Top betting tip

Our expert tipster partners at Sporita.com are predicting a double chance bet on a home win or draw in this match. Click here to find out what else they are predicting for this game and for more of their tried-and-tested football tips.Home/Draw:data



ID:431336:1false2false3false:QQ:: from db desktop :LenBod:collect9417:

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Real Valladolid win with a probability of 36.84%. A win for Levante had a probability of 36.56% and a draw had a probability of 26.6%.

The most likely scoreline for a Real Valladolid win was 0-1 with a probability of 9.89%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 1-2 (8.13%) and 0-2 (6.36%). The likeliest Levante win was 1-0 (9.85%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (12.65%). The actual scoreline of 2-2 was predicted with a 5.2% likelihood.


Previews by email

Click here to get Sports Mole's daily email of previews and predictions for every major game!


Game History

How you voted: Levante vs Real Valladolid

Levante
77.8%
Draw
16.3%
Real Valladolid
5.9%
135
Collect / Create New Data
Share this article now:
Sevilla head coach Julen Lopetegui pictured in December 2020
Read Next:
Tuesday's La Liga predictions including Alaves vs. Sevilla
>
Sports Mole Logo
Enter your email address to subscribe to Sports Mole's free daily transfer newsletter! Sent twice a day during the transfer window.
rhs 2.0
Euro 2024 fixtures header
Sunday, June 23
 
8pm
Monday, June 24
 
8pm
 
8pm
Tuesday, June 25
 
5pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
 
8pm
Wednesday, June 26
 
5pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
 
8pm
Saturday, June 29
Sunday, June 30
Monday, July 1
Tuesday, July 2
Friday, July 5
Saturday, July 6
Tuesday, July 9
Wednesday, July 10
Sunday, July 14
Tables header RHS

Group A

TeamPWDLPTS
Q Germany Germany22006
2 Switzerland Switzerland21104
3 Scotland flag Scotland20111
4 Hungary Hungary20020

Group B

TeamPWDLPTS
Q Spain Spain22006
2 Italy Italy21013
3 Albania national flag Albania20111
4 Croatia Croatia20111

Group C

TeamPWDLPTS
1 England flag England21104
2 Denmark Denmark20202
3 Slovenia Slovenia20202
4 Serbia Serbia20111

Group D

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Netherlands Netherlands21104
2 France France21104
3 Austria Austria21013
4 Poland Poland20020

Group E

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Romania Romania21013
2 Belgium Belgium21013
3 Slovakia Slovakia21013
4 Ukraine Ukraine21013

Group F

TeamPWDLPTS
Q Portugal Portugal22006
2 Turkey Turkey21013
3 Czech Republic Czech Republic20111
4 Georgia Georgia20111


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!