MX23RW : Sunday, June 23 11:43:56| >> :120:7772:7772:
[monks data]
Mallorca logo
La Liga | Gameweek 35
Jul 9, 2020 at 6.30pm UK
Estadi de Son Moix
Levante logo

Mallorca
2 - 0
Levante

Camilo Hernandez (40'), Kubo (84')
Rodriguez (21'), Raillo (51'), Kubo (61')
FT(HT: 1-0)

Hernani (90')

Preview: Mallorca vs. Levante - prediction, team news, lineups

Sports Mole previews Thursday's La Liga clash between Mallorca and Levante, including team news and predicted lineups.

Mallorca are running out of time to save themselves from La Liga relegation as they prepare for Thursday's visit of mid-table Levante.

Los Bermellones have won just one of their last seven games and are six points adrift of safety, while Levante enter this game sitting 14 points better off in 12th.


Match preview

Mallorca revived their slim survival hopes with a 5-1 victory over Celta Vigo last week - Ante Budimir helping himself to a couple of goals - but they failed to build on that win.

Friday's 3-0 loss at the hands of Atletico Madrid was another nail in the coffin for Vicente Moreno's side, with a six-point deficit to make up and just four games remaining.

A trip to Sevilla aside, Mallorca have some pretty favourable fixtures to see out the season, taking on three sides in mid-table with little left to play for on the face of it.

That is a category Levante fall into as they are 14 points above the relegation zone and 10 points off a European spot with 12 points on offer.

The Granotas have drawn back-to-back matches - against Real Valladolid and Real Sociedad - and have lost only one of their last eight matches.

Levante head coach Paco Lopez pictured in April 2019© Reuters

After losing five straight games on the road between January and February, Levante are unbeaten in their three away matches since returning to action last month.

A charge for the top six is out of the question, however, and it is now a case of jostling for position in the bottom half of the division.

That is a luxury Mallorca would love to have, of course, as they go in search of their first back-to-back home wins since last October.

Three points on Thursday, coupled with the sides above them dropping points, and Moreno's men just may yet be in with a shot of pulling off the great escape.

Mallorca's La Liga form: LDLLWL

Levante's La Liga form: DWLWDD


Team News

Levante midfielder Enis Bardhi in action against Real Madrid in October 2018© Reuters

Budimir, who is Mallorca's highest scoring player in a single La Liga season since Aritz Aduriz in 2009-10, returns from suspension for Thursday's match.

Juan Hernandez is expected to retain his place up top, so it may be Aleksandar Trajkovski who makes way for the visit of Levante.

The hosts will also welcome back Martin Valjent after his suspension, with Aleksandar Sedlar the favourite to drop out of the backline.

As for Levante, Enis Bardhi has served a ban and should slot into midfield in place of Jose Campana.

Sergio Postigo is doubtful with a hip problem picked up against Sociedad, meanwhile, so Rober Pier may get the nod alongside Ruben Vezo.

Winger Ruben Rochina has scored in his two La Liga games against Mallorca - one for Real Zaragoza in 2013 and the other for his current club in the reverse fixture this season.

Mallorca possible starting lineup:
Reina; Pozo, Valjent, Raillo, Gamez; Rodriguez, Sevilla, Baba, Kubo; Budimir, Hernandez

Levante possible starting lineup:
Fernandez; Coke, Vezo, Pier, Tono; Hernani, Melero, Radoja, Bardhi; Marti, Leon


Sports Mole Logo

We say: Mallorca 1-1 Levante

Mallorca are unbeaten in their last five home league meetings with Levante, winning four of those. The visitors have drawn four of their seven matches since the restart and we are backing another stalemate in Thursday's clash at Estadi de Son Moix.



ID:405513: cacheID:405513:1false2false3false:QQ:: from db desktop :LenBod:restore:7189:

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Mallorca win with a probability of 40.66%. A win for Levante had a probability of 31.75% and a draw had a probability of 27.6%.

The most likely scoreline for a Mallorca win was 1-0 with a probability of 11.8%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 2-1 (8.37%) and 2-0 (7.59%). The likeliest Levante win was 0-1 (10.11%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (13.01%). The actual scoreline of 2-0 was predicted with a 7.6% likelihood. Our data analysis correctly predicted that Mallorca would win this match.


Previews by email

Click here to get Sports Mole's daily email of previews and predictions for every major game!


Restore Data
Share this article now:
Casemiro celebrates scoring with Real Madrid teammates on June 28, 2020
Read Next:
European Roundup: Real Madrid go two points clear at top of La Liga
>
rhs 2.0
Euro 2024 fixtures header
Sunday, June 23
 
8pm
Monday, June 24
 
8pm
 
8pm
Tuesday, June 25
 
5pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
 
8pm
Wednesday, June 26
 
5pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
 
8pm
Saturday, June 29
Sunday, June 30
Monday, July 1
Tuesday, July 2
Friday, July 5
Saturday, July 6
Tuesday, July 9
Wednesday, July 10
Sunday, July 14
Tables header RHS

Group A

TeamPWDLPTS
Q Germany Germany22006
2 Switzerland Switzerland21104
3 Scotland flag Scotland20111
4 Hungary Hungary20020

Group B

TeamPWDLPTS
Q Spain Spain22006
2 Italy Italy21013
3 Albania national flag Albania20111
4 Croatia Croatia20111

Group C

TeamPWDLPTS
1 England flag England21104
2 Denmark Denmark20202
3 Slovenia Slovenia20202
4 Serbia Serbia20111

Group D

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Netherlands Netherlands21104
2 France France21104
3 Austria Austria21013
4 Poland Poland20020

Group E

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Romania Romania21013
2 Belgium Belgium21013
3 Slovakia Slovakia21013
4 Ukraine Ukraine21013

Group F

TeamPWDLPTS
Q Portugal Portugal22006
2 Turkey Turkey21013
3 Czech Republic Czech Republic20111
4 Georgia Georgia20111


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!