MX23RW : Sunday, April 21 11:56:24| >> :120:9434:9434:
Watford logo
FA Cup | Fourth Round
Jan 28, 2024 at 2pm UK
Vicarage Road
Southampton logo

Watford
1 - 1
Southampton

Martins (5')
Chakvetadze (45')
FT(HT: 1-0)
Armstrong (89')
Holgate (4'), Alcaraz (40')

The Match

Preview

Sports Mole previews Sunday's FA Cup clash between Watford and Southampton, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Bristol City 1-1 Watford
Saturday, January 20 at 3pm in Championship
Last Game: Swansea 1-3 Southampton
Saturday, January 20 at 12.30pm in Championship

We said: Watford 1-3 Southampton

With both teams expected to make changes, there is more of an unpredictability regarding the final outcome. Nevertheless, we cannot back against Southampton against any of the EFL clubs right now, even though they may have to showcase their superior class in the second half. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Watford win with a probability of 39.48%. A win for Southampton had a probability of 36.23% and a draw had a probability of 24.3%.

The most likely scoreline for a Watford win was 2-1 with a probability of 8.6%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 1-0 (7.66%) and 2-0 (5.88%). The likeliest Southampton win was 1-2 (8.19%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (11.2%). The actual scoreline of 1-1 was predicted with an 11.2% likelihood.

Result
WatfordDrawSouthampton
39.48% (-0.0039999999999978 -0) 24.29% (0.0010000000000012 0) 36.23% (0.0010000000000048 0)
Both teams to score 60.29% (-0.0060000000000002 -0.01)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
57.65% (-0.009999999999998 -0.01)42.35% (0.0069999999999979 0.01)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
35.24% (-0.0090000000000003 -0.01)64.75% (0.007000000000005 0.01)
Watford Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
78.48% (-0.0069999999999908 -0.01)21.52% (0.004999999999999 0)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
45.42% (-0.0090000000000003 -0.01)54.57% (0.0060000000000002 0.01)
Southampton Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
76.83% (-0.0049999999999955 -0)23.17% (0.0019999999999989 0)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
42.94% (-0.0049999999999955 -0)57.05% (0.0019999999999953 0)
Score Analysis
    Watford 39.48%
    Southampton 36.23%
    Draw 24.29%
WatfordDrawSouthampton
2-1 @ 8.6%
1-0 @ 7.66% (0.0019999999999998 0)
2-0 @ 5.88%
3-1 @ 4.41% (-0.0010000000000003 -0)
3-2 @ 3.22% (-0.00099999999999989 -0)
3-0 @ 3.01% (-0.00099999999999989 -0)
4-1 @ 1.69% (-0.0010000000000001 -0)
4-2 @ 1.24% (-0.00099999999999989 -0)
4-0 @ 1.16% (-0.00099999999999989 -0)
Other @ 2.61%
Total : 39.48%
1-1 @ 11.2% (0.0099999999999998 0.01)
2-2 @ 6.29%
0-0 @ 4.99% (0.0019999999999998 0)
3-3 @ 1.57% (-0.00099999999999989 -0)
Other @ 0.24%
Total : 24.29%
1-2 @ 8.19%
0-1 @ 7.29% (0.0010000000000003 0)
0-2 @ 5.33% (0.0010000000000003 0)
1-3 @ 3.99%
2-3 @ 3.07% (-0.0010000000000003 -0)
0-3 @ 2.6%
1-4 @ 1.46%
2-4 @ 1.12%
0-4 @ 0.95%
Other @ 2.23%
Total : 36.23%

How you voted: Watford vs Southampton

Watford
55.6%
Draw
16.7%
Southampton
27.8%
18
Head to Head
Dec 9, 2023 3pm
Gameweek 20
Watford
1-1
Southampton
Healey (90+6')
Porteous (59'), Kone (61'), Hoedt (87')
Adams (56')
Charles (34'), Armstrong (45'), Armstrong (87'), Fraser (90+3')
Jul 23, 2022 3pm
Mar 13, 2022 2pm
Gameweek 29
Southampton
1-2
Watford
Elyounoussi (45')
Perraud (48'), Romeu (65'), Bednarek (76')
Camilo Hernandez (14', 34')
Camilo Hernandez (60'), Sissoko (86')
Oct 30, 2021 3pm
Gameweek 10
Watford
0-1
Southampton

Pedro (45+2'), Kucka (76')
Adams (20')
Salisu (55'), Ward-Prowse (58')
Jun 28, 2020 4.30pm
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1Arsenal33235577265174
2Manchester CityMan City32227376324473
3Liverpool32218372314171
4Aston Villa33196868491963
5Tottenham HotspurSpurs32186865491660
6Newcastle UnitedNewcastle321551269521750
7Manchester UnitedMan Utd32155124748-150
8West Ham UnitedWest Ham33139115258-648
9Chelsea31138106152947
10Brighton & Hove AlbionBrighton321111105250244
11Wolverhampton WanderersWolves33127144653-743
12Fulham33126154951-242
13Bournemouth32119124757-1042
14Brentford3498175259-735
15Crystal Palace3289153754-1733
16Everton3298153248-1627
17Nottingham ForestNott'm Forest3379174258-1626
18Luton TownLuton3467214775-2825
19Burnley3458213769-3223
20Sheffield UnitedSheff Utd3337233188-5716


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!