MX23RW : Wednesday, June 12 22:47:42| >> :300:86500:86500:
Alaves logo
Almeria
Athletic Bilbao logo
Atletico Madrid logo
Barcelona logo
Cadiz logo
Celta Vigo logo
Getafe logo
Girona logo
Granada logo
Las Palmas
Mallorca logo
Osauna logo
Rayo Vallecano logo
Real Betis logo
Real Madrid logo
Real Sociedad logo
Sevilla logo
Valencia logo
Villarreal logo
Alaves logo
La Liga | Gameweek 24
Feb 10, 2024 at 1pm UK
Estadio de Mendizorroza
Villarreal logo

Alaves
1 - 1
Villarreal

Omorodion (25')
Garcia (90+2')
FT(HT: 1-1)
Cuenca (42')
Cuenca (44'), Sorloth (71')

The Match

Preview

Sports Mole previews Saturday's La Liga clash between Alaves and Villarreal, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Alaves 1-3 Barcelona
Saturday, February 3 at 5.30pm in La Liga

We said: Alaves 1-1 Villarreal

Alaves found it difficult against Barcelona last time out, but their recent form has been strong, and Villarreal are not exactly having a brilliant season. We are expecting this contest to be very tight and are struggling to separate them, which has led to us backing a low-scoring draw on Saturday afternoon. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Alaves win with a probability of 40.9%. A win for Villarreal had a probability of 33.49% and a draw had a probability of 25.6%.

The most likely scoreline for an Alaves win was 1-0 with a probability of 9.48%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 2-1 (8.75%) and 2-0 (6.83%). The likeliest Villarreal win was 0-1 (8.42%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (12.13%). The actual scoreline of 1-1 was predicted with a 12.1% likelihood. Our team at Sports Mole correctly predicted a 1-1 draw for this match.

Result
AlavesDrawVillarreal
40.9% (-0.035000000000004 -0.04) 25.6% (0.0030000000000001 0) 33.49% (0.031999999999996 0.03)
Both teams to score 55.11% (0.00099999999999767 0)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
51.16% (-0.0030000000000001 -0)48.84% (0.0039999999999978 0)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
29.06% (-0.0030000000000001 -0)70.94% (0.0040000000000049 0)
Alaves Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
76.34% (-0.019000000000005 -0.02)23.66% (0.018999999999998 0.02)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
42.24% (-0.027000000000001 -0.03)57.76% (0.027000000000001 0.03)
Villarreal Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
72.19% (0.019999999999996 0.02)27.8% (-0.019000000000002 -0.02)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
36.6% (0.022999999999996 0.02)63.39% (-0.023000000000003 -0.02)
Score Analysis
    Alaves 40.9%
    Villarreal 33.49%
    Draw 25.6%
AlavesDrawVillarreal
1-0 @ 9.48% (-0.0040000000000013 -0)
2-1 @ 8.75% (-0.0039999999999996 -0)
2-0 @ 6.83% (-0.0070000000000006 -0.01)
3-1 @ 4.2% (-0.0039999999999996 -0)
3-0 @ 3.28% (-0.0050000000000003 -0.01)
3-2 @ 2.69% (-0.00099999999999989 -0)
4-1 @ 1.52% (-0.002 -0)
4-0 @ 1.18% (-0.0029999999999999 -0)
4-2 @ 0.97% (-0.001 -0)
Other @ 1.99%
Total : 40.9%
1-1 @ 12.13%
0-0 @ 6.58% (0.0010000000000003 0)
2-2 @ 5.6%
3-3 @ 1.15%
Other @ 0.14%
Total : 25.6%
0-1 @ 8.42% (0.0060000000000002 0.01)
1-2 @ 7.77% (0.0050000000000008 0.01)
0-2 @ 5.39% (0.0060000000000002 0.01)
1-3 @ 3.31% (0.004 0)
2-3 @ 2.39% (0.00099999999999989 0)
0-3 @ 2.3% (0.004 0)
1-4 @ 1.06% (0.0010000000000001 0)
Other @ 2.86%
Total : 33.49%

How you voted: Alaves vs Villarreal

Alaves
42.9%
Draw
22.9%
Villarreal
34.3%
35
Head to Head
Oct 22, 2023 5.30pm
Gameweek 10
Villarreal
1-1
Alaves
Moreno (65' pen.)
Pedraza (9'), Sorloth (23'), Femenia (35'), Comesana (58')
Omorodion (48')
Guevara (14'), Sivera (33'), Abqar (36')
Apr 30, 2022 1pm
Gameweek 34
Alaves
2-1
Villarreal
Laguardia (4'), Escalante (31')
Garcia (52'), Escalante (69'), Laguardia (80'), Duarte (90+2'), Jason (90+5')
Chukwueze (47')
Dia (41'), Capoue (76'), Emery (86')
Dec 21, 2021 6pm
Gameweek 4
Villarreal
5-2
Alaves
Moreno (18', 88'), Dia (27', 76'), Pino (79')
Pons (44'), Joselu (65')
N'Diaye (45+1'), Calleja (45+1'), Lopez (49')
Apr 21, 2021 8pm
Gameweek 31
Alaves
2-1
Villarreal
Joselu (17'), Mendez (80')
Garcia (69'), Mendez (74')
Alcacer (50')
Pedraza (63')
Sep 30, 2020 6pm
Gameweek 4
Villarreal
3-1
Alaves
Alcacer (13', 67'), Moreno (45' pen.)
Mendez (36')
Laguardia (74'), Navarro (82')
(89')
rhs 2.0
Euro 2024 fixtures header
Friday, June 14
 
8pm
Saturday, June 15
 
2pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
Sunday, June 16
 
2pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
Monday, June 17
 
2pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
Tuesday, June 18
 
5pm
Wednesday, June 19
 
2pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
Thursday, June 20
 
2pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
Group Stage
Spain
vs.
Italy
Friday, June 21
 
2pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
Saturday, June 22
 
5pm
 
8pm
Sunday, June 23
 
8pm
 
8pm
Monday, June 24
 
8pm
 
8pm
Tuesday, June 25
 
5pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
 
8pm
Wednesday, June 26
 
5pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
 
8pm
Saturday, June 29
Sunday, June 30
Monday, July 1
Tuesday, July 2
Friday, July 5
Saturday, July 6
Tables header RHS

Group A

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Germany Germany00000
2 Hungary Hungary00000
3 Scotland flag Scotland00000
4 Switzerland Switzerland00000

Group B

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Albania national flag Albania00000
2 Croatia Croatia00000
3 Italy Italy00000
4 Spain Spain00000

Group C

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Denmark Denmark00000
2 England flag England00000
3 Serbia Serbia00000
4 Slovenia Slovenia00000

Group D

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Austria Austria00000
2 France France00000
3 Netherlands Netherlands00000
4 Poland Poland00000

Group E

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Belgium Belgium00000
2 Romania Romania00000
3 Slovakia Slovakia00000
4 Ukraine Ukraine00000

Group F

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Czech Republic Czech Republic00000
2 Georgia Georgia00000
3 Portugal Portugal00000
4 Turkey Turkey00000


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!