MX23RW : Saturday, June 22 21:30:32| >> :300:86500:86500:
Shelbourne
League of Ireland Premier | Gameweek 18
May 31, 2024 at 7.45pm UK
Tolka Park
Sligo Rovers

Shelbourne
1 - 2
Sligo

Boyd (58')
Barrett (31'), Coyle (59')
FT(HT: 0-1)
Barlow (22'), Hartmann (69')
Reynolds (27'), Russell (28'), Malley (55'), Denham (61'), Wilson (72'), Morahan (90+1'), Chapman (90+6')

The Match

Preview

Sports Mole previews Friday's League of Ireland Premier clash between Shelbourne and Sligo Rovers, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Shamrock 0-2 Shelbourne
Friday, May 24 at 8pm in League of Ireland Premier
Last Game: Derry 2-2 Sligo
Friday, May 24 at 7.45pm in League of Ireland Premier

We said: Shelbourne 2-0 Sligo Rovers

Shelbourne's impressive run of form coming into this game compared to Sligo's series of disappointing results leaves the hosts as strong favourites to take the three points here, and we expect them to do just that. The visitors have failed to score in six of their last 10 outings and we believe that streak will continue against the defensively solid home team. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Shelbourne win with a probability of 56.88%. A draw had a probability of 24.7% and a win for Sligo Rovers had a probability of 18.41%.

The most likely scoreline for a Shelbourne win was 1-0 with a probability of 14.36%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 2-0 (11.65%) and 2-1 (9.34%). The likeliest drawn scoreline was 1-1 (11.51%), while for a Sligo Rovers win it was 0-1 (7.1%). The actual scoreline of 1-2 was predicted with a 4.6% likelihood.

Result
ShelbourneDrawSligo Rovers
56.88% (0.0039999999999978 0) 24.71% (-0.0010000000000012 -0) 18.41% (-0.0050000000000026 -0.01)
Both teams to score 44.26% (-0.0050000000000026 -0.01)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
43.65% (-0.0030000000000001 -0)56.34% (0.0039999999999978 0)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
22.63% (-0.0040000000000013 -0)77.37% (0.0030000000000001 0)
Shelbourne Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
80.25% (-0.0010000000000048 -0)19.74%
Over 1.5Under 1.5
48.22% (0.0020000000000024 0)51.78% (-0.0030000000000001 -0)
Sligo Rovers Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
55.14% (-0.0069999999999979 -0.01)44.85% (0.0060000000000002 0.01)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
19.18% (-0.0070000000000014 -0.01)80.82% (0.0049999999999955 0)
Score Analysis
    Shelbourne 56.87%
    Sligo Rovers 18.41%
    Draw 24.7%
ShelbourneDrawSligo Rovers
1-0 @ 14.36%
2-0 @ 11.65%
2-1 @ 9.34%
3-0 @ 6.3% (0.00099999999999945 0)
3-1 @ 5.05%
4-0 @ 2.56% (0.00099999999999989 0)
4-1 @ 2.05%
3-2 @ 2.03%
Other @ 3.53%
Total : 56.87%
1-1 @ 11.51% (-0.0099999999999998 -0.01)
0-0 @ 8.86% (0.00099999999999945 0)
2-2 @ 3.75%
Other @ 0.59%
Total : 24.7%
0-1 @ 7.1%
1-2 @ 4.62% (-0.00099999999999945 -0)
0-2 @ 2.85%
1-3 @ 1.23% (-0.0010000000000001 -0)
2-3 @ 1%
Other @ 1.61%
Total : 18.41%

How you voted: Shelbourne vs Sligo

Shelbourne
78.9%
Draw
21.1%
Sligo Rovers
0.0%
19
Head to Head
Mar 1, 2024 7.45pm
Gameweek 3
Sligo
0-1
Shelbourne

Wiggett (26'), Pijnaker (52'), Hartmann (90+7')
O'Sullivan (12')
Smith (22'), O'Sullivan (45'), Lunney (53'), Farrell (90+5')
Aug 26, 2023 7.45pm
Gameweek 28
Sligo
0-1
Shelbourne

Liivak (10')
Coyle (40')
Coyle (50'), Griffin (71'), Smith (87'), Ross Wilson (90+2'), Wilson (90')
Jun 9, 2023 7.45pm
Gameweek 20
Shelbourne
1-1
Sligo
Smith (4')
Boyd (20'), Quinn (51')
Morahan (34')
Mahon (45+3'), Fitzgerald (64'), Morahan (89')
May 13, 2023 7.45pm
Gameweek 15
Sligo
0-3
Shelbourne

Hutchinson (34'), Pijnaker (38'), Brannefalk (65')
Moylan (9', 41', 66')
Wilson (37'), Byrne (44'), Coyle (54')
Apr 10, 2023 7.45pm
Gameweek 9
Shelbourne
2-1
Sligo
Smith (52'), Mahon (58' og.)
Lafferty (36')
rhs 2.0
Euro 2024 fixtures header
Sunday, June 23
 
8pm
Monday, June 24
 
8pm
 
8pm
Tuesday, June 25
 
5pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
 
8pm
Wednesday, June 26
 
5pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
 
8pm
Saturday, June 29
Sunday, June 30
Monday, July 1
Tuesday, July 2
Friday, July 5
Saturday, July 6
Tuesday, July 9
Wednesday, July 10
Sunday, July 14
Tables header RHS

Group A

TeamPWDLPTS
Q Germany Germany22006
2 Switzerland Switzerland21104
3 Scotland flag Scotland20111
4 Hungary Hungary20020

Group B

TeamPWDLPTS
Q Spain Spain22006
2 Italy Italy21013
3 Albania national flag Albania20111
4 Croatia Croatia20111

Group C

TeamPWDLPTS
1 England flag England21104
2 Denmark Denmark20202
3 Slovenia Slovenia20202
4 Serbia Serbia20111

Group D

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Netherlands Netherlands21104
2 France France21104
3 Austria Austria21013
4 Poland Poland20020

Group E

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Romania Romania21013
2 Belgium Belgium21013
3 Slovakia Slovakia21013
4 Ukraine Ukraine21013

Group F

TeamPWDLPTS
Q Portugal Portugal22006
2 Turkey Turkey21013
3 Czech Republic Czech Republic20111
4 Georgia Georgia20111


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!