MX23RW : Tuesday, April 16 19:19:31| >> :300:86500:86500:
Barnsley
Blackpool
Bolton logo
Bristol Rovers
Burton Albion
Cambridge United
Carlisle United
Charlton Athletic
Cheltenham Town
Derby logo
Exeter City
Fleetwood Town
Leyton Orient
Lincoln City
Northampton Town
Oxford United
Peterborough United
Port Vale
Portsmouth
Reading logo
Shrewsbury Town
Stevenage
Wigan logo
Wycombe Wanderers
Shrewsbury Town
League One | Gameweek 36
Mar 2, 2024 at 3pm UK
Montgomery Waters Meadow
Blackpool

Shrewsbury
0 - 2
Blackpool


Udoh (45'), Hinchy (52')
FT(HT: 0-1)
Dembele (43'), Coulson (84')
Byers (25')

The Match

Preview

Sports Mole previews Saturday's League One clash between Shrewsbury Town and Blackpool, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Lincoln 3-0 Shrewsbury
Tuesday, February 27 at 7.45pm in League One
Last Game: Leyton Orient 1-0 Blackpool
Tuesday, February 27 at 7.45pm in League One

We said: Shrewsbury Town 1-1 Blackpool

Both teams are set to be missing some important players for this match, and it is a contest that could go either way, with all three scores more than possible. Blackpool's away form this season has been disappointing, so we are struggling to back them and have ultimately settled on a low-scoring draw. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Blackpool win with a probability of 44.34%. A win for Shrewsbury Town had a probability of 29.35% and a draw had a probability of 26.3%.

The most likely scoreline for a Blackpool win was 0-1 with a probability of 11.22%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 1-2 (8.96%) and 0-2 (8.04%). The likeliest Shrewsbury Town win was 1-0 (8.73%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (12.5%). The actual scoreline of 0-2 was predicted with an 8% likelihood. Our data analysis correctly predicted that Blackpool would win this match.

Result
Shrewsbury TownDrawBlackpool
29.35% (0.0030000000000001 0) 26.31% (-0.0039999999999978 -0) 44.34% (-0.0019999999999953 -0)
Both teams to score 51.14% (0.0079999999999956 0.01)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
46.8% (0.0090000000000003 0.01)53.2% (-0.012 -0.01)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
25.24% (0.0089999999999968 0.01)74.76% (-0.012 -0.01)
Shrewsbury Town Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
67.17% (0.007000000000005 0.01)32.83% (-0.0090000000000003 -0.01)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
30.6% (0.0070000000000014 0.01)69.39% (-0.0099999999999909 -0.01)
Blackpool Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
76.13% (0.0030000000000001 0)23.87% (-0.0050000000000026 -0.01)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
41.93% (0.0060000000000002 0.01)58.07% (-0.0079999999999956 -0.01)
Score Analysis
    Shrewsbury Town 29.35%
    Blackpool 44.34%
    Draw 26.3%
Shrewsbury TownDrawBlackpool
1-0 @ 8.73% (-0.0020000000000007 -0)
2-1 @ 6.96% (0.0010000000000003 0)
2-0 @ 4.86%
3-1 @ 2.59% (0.00099999999999989 0)
3-2 @ 1.85% (0.0010000000000001 0)
3-0 @ 1.81%
Other @ 2.55%
Total : 29.35%
1-1 @ 12.5%
0-0 @ 7.84% (-0.0039999999999996 -0)
2-2 @ 4.99% (0.0010000000000003 0)
Other @ 0.98%
Total : 26.3%
0-1 @ 11.22%
1-2 @ 8.96%
0-2 @ 8.04% (-0.0010000000000012 -0)
1-3 @ 4.28% (0.0010000000000003 0)
0-3 @ 3.84%
2-3 @ 2.38% (0.0010000000000003 0)
1-4 @ 1.53% (0.0010000000000001 0)
0-4 @ 1.38%
Other @ 2.72%
Total : 44.34%

Head to Head
Nov 18, 2023 3pm
Gameweek 18
Blackpool
4-0
Shrewsbury
Rhodes (19' pen.), Beesley (33', 82'), Joseph (74')

Bennett (20')
Apr 24, 2021 3pm
Gameweek 44
Blackpool
0-1
Shrewsbury
Pennington (53')
Norburn (30'), Main (66')
Dec 29, 2020 7.45pm
Gameweek 21
Shrewsbury
1-0
Blackpool
Udoh (38')
Norburn (41'), Vela (48'), Tracey (85')

Madine (72')
Mar 21, 2020 3pm
Dec 21, 2019 3pm
Gameweek 22
Blackpool
0-1
Shrewsbury

Virtue (60'), Spearing (66')
Okenabirhie (56' pen.)
Ebanks-Landell (20'), Love (54'), Golbourne (85')
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1Portsmouth432613472373591
2Derby CountyDerby442681075373886
3Bolton WanderersBolton432410979463382
4Peterborough UnitedPeterborough422381180552577
5Barnsley4321121077572075
6Oxford UnitedOxford Utd4321101276532373
7Blackpool4420101460431770
8Lincoln CityLincoln4318141162372568
9Stevenage4418131354441067
10Leyton Orient441711165053-362
11Northampton TownNorthampton44178195563-859
12Exeter CityExeter441610184358-1558
13Wigan AthleticWigan441810165955456
14Wycombe WanderersWycombe421413155352155
15Bristol Rovers43159195164-1354
16Charlton AthleticCharlton441119146363052
17Reading441511186365-250
18Cambridge UnitedCambridge421210203858-2046
19Shrewsbury TownShrewsbury43137233161-3046
20Burton Albion431110223560-2543
21Port Vale431010234070-3040
22Cheltenham TownCheltenham42108243560-2538
23Fleetwood TownFleetwood43813224468-2437
RCarlisle UnitedCarlisle4479284076-3630


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!