MX23RW : Wednesday, June 12 22:46:48| >> :300:86500:86500:
Arouca
Benfica
Boavista
Braga
Casa Pia
Chaves
Estoril
Estrela Amadora
Famalicao logo
Gil Vicente logo
Moreirense
Portimonense
Porto
Rio Ave
Farense logo
Sporting Lisbon
Vitoria de Guimaraes
Vizela
Benfica
Primeira Liga | Gameweek 23
Feb 25, 2024 at 6pm UK
Estadio do Sport Lisboa e Benfica
Portimonense

Benfica
4 - 0
Portimonense

Silva (55', 75'), Neres (57'), di Maria (59')
FT(HT: 0-0)

Varela (69')

The Match

Preview

Sports Mole previews Sunday's Primeira Liga clash between Benfica and Portimonense, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Toulouse 0-0 Benfica
Thursday, February 22 at 5.45pm in Europa League
Last Game: Portimonense 1-1 Guimaraes
Saturday, February 17 at 6pm in Primeira Liga

We said: Benfica 3-0 Portimonense

Benfica and Portimonense have had a contrasting campaign, with the Alvinegros scrambling for points at the bottom end of the table. Both form and history are on Benfica's side this weekend and we are backing them to claim all three points unscathed. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Benfica win with a probability of 83.65%. A draw had a probability of 10.9% and a win for Portimonense had a probability of 5.45%.

The most likely scoreline for a Benfica win was 3-0 with a probability of 11.39%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 2-0 (11.37%) and 4-0 (8.57%). The likeliest drawn scoreline was 1-1 (5.11%), while for a Portimonense win it was 1-2 (1.73%). The actual scoreline of 4-0 was predicted with an 8.6% likelihood. Our team at Sports Mole and our data analysis both correctly predicted that Benfica would win this match.

Result
BenficaDrawPortimonense
83.65% (-0.099000000000004 -0.1) 10.89% (0.115 0.12) 5.45% (-0.024 -0.02)
Both teams to score 46.71% (-0.809 -0.81)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
71.16% (-0.82899999999999 -0.83)28.84% (0.821 0.82)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
50.22% (-1.022 -1.02)49.78% (1.015 1.02)
Benfica Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
95.05% (-0.172 -0.17)4.95% (0.1641 0.16)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
80.18% (-0.502 -0.5)19.82% (0.496 0.5)
Portimonense Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
49.14% (-0.764 -0.76)50.86% (0.757 0.76)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
14.75% (-0.521 -0.52)85.25% (0.514 0.51)
Score Analysis
    Benfica 83.65%
    Portimonense 5.45%
    Draw 10.89%
BenficaDrawPortimonense
3-0 @ 11.39% (0.17 0.17)
2-0 @ 11.37% (0.3 0.3)
4-0 @ 8.57% (0.035 0.04)
3-1 @ 7.7% (-0.052 -0.05)
2-1 @ 7.69% (0.034000000000001 0.03)
1-0 @ 7.56% (0.279 0.28)
4-1 @ 5.79% (-0.104 -0.1)
5-0 @ 5.15% (-0.037 -0.04)
5-1 @ 3.48% (-0.103 -0.1)
3-2 @ 2.6% (-0.076 -0.08)
6-0 @ 2.58% (-0.047 -0.05)
4-2 @ 1.96% (-0.08 -0.08)
6-1 @ 1.75% (-0.072 -0.07)
5-2 @ 1.18% (-0.062 -0.06)
7-0 @ 1.11% (-0.033 -0.03)
Other @ 3.77%
Total : 83.65%
1-1 @ 5.11% (0.079000000000001 0.08)
2-2 @ 2.6% (-0.046 -0.05)
0-0 @ 2.52% (0.119 0.12)
Other @ 0.67%
Total : 10.89%
1-2 @ 1.73% (-0.012 -0.01)
0-1 @ 1.7% (0.045 0.05)
Other @ 2.02%
Total : 5.45%

How you voted: Benfica vs Portimonense

Benfica
91.7%
Draw
8.3%
Portimonense
0.0%
12
Head to Head
Sep 24, 2023 6pm
Gameweek 6
Portimonense
1-3
Benfica
Sandro Oliveira Alves Varela (56')
Sandro Oliveira Alves Varela (35')
Bah (5'), Musa (17'), Neres (66')
May 13, 2023 6pm
Gameweek 32
Portimonense
1-5
Benfica
Pedrao (38')
Pedrao (34'), Seck (74')
Grimaldo (4'), Relvas (28' og.), Ramos (45'), Musa (87', 89')
Chiquinho (32')
Jan 6, 2023 7pm
Gameweek 15
Benfica
1-0
Portimonense
Mario (9' pen.)
Mar 5, 2022 6pm
Gameweek 25
Portimonense
1-2
Benfica
Junior (25')
Sergio (28'), Willyan (45+7'), Junior (45+8'), Da Costa (45+15'), Sergio (45+15'), Possignolo (63'), Luquinhas (74')
Moufi (90+5')
Grimaldo (45+7'), Ramos (50')
Vertonghen (41'), Ramos (57'), Bernardo (90+1')
Oct 3, 2021 6pm
Gameweek 8
Benfica
0-1
Portimonense

Yaremchuk (12'), Nunez (42')
Possignolo (66')
Boa Morte (44'), Carlinhos (60'), Possignolo (62'), Portugal (80'), Willyan (90')
rhs 2.0
Euro 2024 fixtures header
Friday, June 14
 
8pm
Saturday, June 15
 
2pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
Sunday, June 16
 
2pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
Monday, June 17
 
2pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
Tuesday, June 18
 
5pm
Wednesday, June 19
 
2pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
Thursday, June 20
 
2pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
Group Stage
Spain
vs.
Italy
Friday, June 21
 
2pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
Saturday, June 22
 
5pm
 
8pm
Sunday, June 23
 
8pm
 
8pm
Monday, June 24
 
8pm
 
8pm
Tuesday, June 25
 
5pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
 
8pm
Wednesday, June 26
 
5pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
 
8pm
Saturday, June 29
Sunday, June 30
Monday, July 1
Tuesday, July 2
Friday, July 5
Saturday, July 6
Tables header RHS

Group A

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Germany Germany00000
2 Hungary Hungary00000
3 Scotland flag Scotland00000
4 Switzerland Switzerland00000

Group B

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Albania national flag Albania00000
2 Croatia Croatia00000
3 Italy Italy00000
4 Spain Spain00000

Group C

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Denmark Denmark00000
2 England flag England00000
3 Serbia Serbia00000
4 Slovenia Slovenia00000

Group D

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Austria Austria00000
2 France France00000
3 Netherlands Netherlands00000
4 Poland Poland00000

Group E

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Belgium Belgium00000
2 Romania Romania00000
3 Slovakia Slovakia00000
4 Ukraine Ukraine00000

Group F

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Czech Republic Czech Republic00000
2 Georgia Georgia00000
3 Portugal Portugal00000
4 Turkey Turkey00000


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!