MX23RW : Tuesday, May 28 08:08:35| >> :300:86500:86500:
Aberdeen logo
Celtic logo
Dundee logo
Hearts logo
Hibs logo
Kilmarnock logo
Livingston logo
Motherwell logo
Rangers logo
Ross County
St Johnstone logo
St Mirren logo
St Mirren logo
Scottish Premiership | Gameweek 27
Feb 24, 2024 at 3pm UK
The Smisa Stadium
St Johnstone logo

St Mirren
2 - 0
St Johnstone

Mitov (36' og.), Mandron (64')
Baccus (89')
FT(HT: 1-0)

Sidibeh (77'), Phillips (79')

The Match

Preview

Sports Mole previews Saturday's Scottish Premiership clash between St Mirren and St Johnstone, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Livingston 1-0 St Mirren
Saturday, February 17 at 3pm in Scottish Premiership
Last Game: St Johnstone 0-3 Rangers
Sunday, February 18 at 12pm in Scottish Premiership

We said: St Mirren 2-0 St Johnstone

St Johnstone might have taken three points the last time these two teams met, but the opposite result is more likely this time around. The recent form of both teams points to a St Mirren win, particularly since the hosts could push into the top four with a win here. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats, suggests the most likely outcome of this match is a St Mirren win with a probability of 38.61%. A win for St Johnstone has a probability of 33.68% and a draw has a probability of 27.7%.

The most likely scoreline for a St Mirren win is 1-0 with a probability of 11.44%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome are 2-1 (8.13%) and 2-0 (7.12%). The likeliest St Johnstone win is 0-1 (10.5%), while for a drawn scoreline it is 1-1 (13.07%).

Result
St MirrenDrawSt Johnstone
38.61% (-0.030999999999999 -0.03) 27.72% (0.0030000000000001 0) 33.68% (0.031999999999996 0.03)
Both teams to score 48.46% (0.00099999999999767 0)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
42.66% (-0.0010000000000048 -0)57.34% (0.0049999999999955 0)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
21.83% (-0.0010000000000012 -0)78.17% (0.0049999999999955 0)
St Mirren Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
71.17% (-0.018000000000001 -0.02)28.83% (0.021999999999998 0.02)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
35.31% (-0.024000000000001 -0.02)64.69% (0.028000000000006 0.03)
St Johnstone Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
68.09% (0.021000000000001 0.02)31.91% (-0.016999999999999 -0.02)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
31.64% (0.023 0.02)68.36% (-0.018999999999991 -0.02)
Score Analysis
    St Mirren 38.6%
    St Johnstone 33.67%
    Draw 27.72%
St MirrenDrawSt Johnstone
1-0 @ 11.44%
2-1 @ 8.13% (-0.004999999999999 -0)
2-0 @ 7.12% (-0.0069999999999997 -0.01)
3-1 @ 3.37% (-0.004 -0)
3-0 @ 2.95% (-0.004 -0)
3-2 @ 1.92% (-0.0010000000000001 -0)
4-1 @ 1.05% (-0.00099999999999989 -0)
4-0 @ 0.92% (-0.002 -0)
Other @ 1.71%
Total : 38.6%
1-1 @ 13.07% (0.0099999999999998 0.01)
0-0 @ 9.2% (0.0020000000000007 0)
2-2 @ 4.64%
Other @ 0.8%
Total : 27.72%
0-1 @ 10.5%
1-2 @ 7.47% (0.0049999999999999 0)
0-2 @ 6% (0.0069999999999997 0.01)
1-3 @ 2.84% (0.0030000000000001 0)
0-3 @ 2.29% (0.004 0)
2-3 @ 1.77% (0.00099999999999989 0)
Other @ 2.81%
Total : 33.67%

How you voted: St Mirren vs St Johnstone

St Mirren
83.3%
Draw
16.7%
St Johnstone
0.0%
12
Head to Head
Dec 6, 2023 7.45pm
Gameweek 16
St Johnstone
1-0
St Mirren
Kane (90+5')
Sprangler (89'), Kane (90+6')

Olusanya (83')
Oct 28, 2023 3pm
Gameweek 10
St Mirren
4-0
St Johnstone
Baccus (36'), Mandron (48', 70'), Kiltie (90')
O'Hara (32'), Baccus (75')
Feb 25, 2023 3pm
Nov 9, 2022 7.45pm
Gameweek 15
St Mirren
2-2
St Johnstone
Kiltie (42'), O'Hara (81')
Carey (33' pen.), Clark (90+6')
Sep 3, 2022 3pm
Gameweek 6
St Johnstone
3-0
St Mirren
Clark (26'), Wright (66'), Carey (86' pen.)
Carey (33'), Mitchell (82')

Dunne (30'), Erhahon (58'), Ayunga (82'), Gallagher (82'), Fraser (85')
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
Championship Group
CCeltic550095306593
2RangersRangers531187325585
3Hearts513154421268
4Kilmarnock51224644256
5St Mirren51134652-647
6Dundee50144968-1942
Relegation Group
1Aberdeen54104852-448
2Hibernian52125259-746
3Motherwell52035659-343
4St Johnstone51132954-2535
5Ross County51223867-2935
RLivingston52122970-4125
 
First Phase
CCeltic33246380265478
2RangersRangers33243672234975
3Hearts33195946341262
4Kilmarnock33131284334951
5St Mirren33127143843-543
6Dundee331011124454-1041
7Hibernian33912124451-739
8Motherwell33813124651-537
9Aberdeen33811143549-1435
10St Johnstone33710162446-2231
11Ross County3379173256-2430
RLivingston3339212259-3718


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!