MX23RW : Tuesday, April 16 22:56:45| >> :300:86500:86500:
Birmingham logo
Blackburn logo
Bristol City
Cardiff City logo
Coventry City
Huddersfield logo
Hull logo
Ipswich logo
Leeds logo
Leicester logo
Middlesbrough logo
Millwall logo
Norwich logo
Plymouth Argyle
Preston North End logo
QPR logo
Rotherham logo
Sheffield Wednesday logo
Southampton logo
Stoke logo
Sunderland
Swansea logo
Watford logo
West Brom logo
Ipswich logo
Championship | Gameweek 36
Mar 5, 2024 at 8pm UK
Portman Road Stadium
Bristol City

Ipswich
3 - 2
Bristol City

Al-Hamadi (62'), Chaplin (80'), Davis (89')
Al-Hamadi (90+1')
FT(HT: 0-0)
Mehmeti (54'), Conway (77')
McCrorie (79'), O'Leary (85'), Pring (90+3')

The Match

Preview

Sports Mole previews Tuesday's Championship clash between Ipswich Town and Bristol City, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Plymouth 0-2 Ipswich
Saturday, March 2 at 3pm in Championship

We said: Ipswich Town 3-1 Bristol City

Although Bristol City have shown in the past that they can impressive at the bigger clubs away from home, we do not feel that it will be the case here. Ipswich look unbeatable right now and we are backing another ruthless performance at Portman Road. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Ipswich Town win with a probability of 60.45%. A draw had a probability of 20.8% and a win for Bristol City had a probability of 18.74%.

The most likely scoreline for a Ipswich Town win was 2-1 with a probability of 9.93%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 2-0 (9.41%) and 1-0 (9.15%). The likeliest drawn scoreline was 1-1 (9.66%), while for a Bristol City win it was 1-2 (5.1%). The actual scoreline of 3-2 was predicted with a 3.6% likelihood. Our team at Sports Mole and our data analysis both correctly predicted that Ipswich Town would win this match.

Result
Ipswich TownDrawBristol City
60.45% (0.10899999999999 0.11) 20.8% (-0.093 -0.09) 18.74% (-0.012 -0.01)
Both teams to score 56.88% (0.31 0.31)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
60.17% (0.421 0.42)39.83% (-0.419 -0.42)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
37.81% (0.436 0.44)62.19% (-0.434 -0.43)
Ipswich Town Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
87.22% (0.16499999999999 0.16)12.78% (-0.163 -0.16)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
60.93% (0.335 0.34)39.07% (-0.332 -0.33)
Bristol City Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
65.21% (0.23299999999999 0.23)34.79% (-0.231 -0.23)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
28.48% (0.248 0.25)71.52% (-0.246 -0.25)
Score Analysis
    Ipswich Town 60.45%
    Bristol City 18.74%
    Draw 20.8%
Ipswich TownDrawBristol City
2-1 @ 9.93% (-0.0070000000000014 -0.01)
2-0 @ 9.41% (-0.066000000000001 -0.07)
1-0 @ 9.15% (-0.121 -0.12)
3-1 @ 6.81% (0.037999999999999 0.04)
3-0 @ 6.45% (-0.0049999999999999 -0)
3-2 @ 3.6% (0.042 0.04)
4-1 @ 3.5% (0.041 0.04)
4-0 @ 3.32% (0.018 0.02)
4-2 @ 1.85% (0.033 0.03)
5-1 @ 1.44% (0.026 0.03)
5-0 @ 1.37% (0.016 0.02)
Other @ 3.62%
Total : 60.45%
1-1 @ 9.66% (-0.067 -0.07)
2-2 @ 5.25% (0.03 0.03)
0-0 @ 4.45% (-0.086 -0.09)
3-3 @ 1.27% (0.023 0.02)
Other @ 0.19%
Total : 20.8%
1-2 @ 5.1% (-0.0019999999999998 -0)
0-1 @ 4.69% (-0.062 -0.06)
0-2 @ 2.48% (-0.017 -0.02)
2-3 @ 1.85% (0.022 0.02)
1-3 @ 1.8% (0.011 0.01)
Other @ 2.83%
Total : 18.74%

How you voted: Ipswich vs Bristol City

Ipswich Town
91.7%
Draw
7.4%
Bristol City
0.9%
108
Head to Head
Oct 25, 2023 7.45pm
Gameweek 13
Bristol City
0-1
Ipswich
Broadhead (16')
Jackson (14'), Morsy (42'), Davis (69'), Hirst (77')
Mar 12, 2019 7.45pm
Gameweek 37
Bristol City
1-1
Ipswich
Webster (32')
Hunt (90')
Kelly (68' og.)
Dozzell (30'), Edwards (76'), El Mizouni (83')
Nov 28, 2018 7.45pm
Gameweek 19
Ipswich
2-3
Bristol City
Sears (32', 58')
Roberts (24'), Spence (78'), Jackson (90')
Bialkowski (55' og.), Paterson (59'), Diedhiou (64')
Paterson (86')
Mar 17, 2018 3pm
Sep 30, 2017 3pm
Ipswich
1-3
Bristol City
Waghorn (42')
Knudsen (17'), Garner (81')
Brownhill (2'), Diedhiou (31'), Reid (82')
Bryan (28'), Reid (88')
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1Ipswich TownIpswich432611685533289
2Leicester CityLeicester422841079384188
3Leeds UnitedLeeds43269876344287
4Southampton42259884543084
5West Bromwich AlbionWest Brom4320121166422472
6Norwich CityNorwich432181476601671
7Hull City421811136254865
8Coventry CityCoventry4217121366521463
9Middlesbrough43189166156563
10Preston North EndPreston43189165660-463
11Cardiff CityCardiff43185204860-1259
12Bristol City431610175046458
13Sunderland43168195250256
14Swansea CitySwansea431411185362-953
15Watford431216155958152
16Millwall431311194255-1350
17Blackburn RoversBlackburn431310205771-1449
18Plymouth ArgylePlymouth431212195866-848
19Queens Park RangersQPR431211204057-1747
20Stoke CityStoke431211204160-1947
21Birmingham CityBirmingham43129224864-1645
22Huddersfield TownHuddersfield43917174770-2344
23Sheffield WednesdaySheff Weds43128233667-3144
RRotherham UnitedRotherham43411283285-5323


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!