MX23RW : Sunday, June 23 13:58:33| >> :300:86500:86500:
Atlanta United
Austin FC
Montreal Impact
Charlotte FC
Chicago Fire
Colorado Rapids
Columbus Crew
DC United
FC Dallas
FC Cincinnati
Houston Dynamo
Inter Miami
Los Angeles FC
LA Galaxy
Minnesota United
Nashville
New England Revolution
New York City
New York Red Bulls
Orlando City
Philadelphia Union
Portland Timbers
Real Salt Lake
San Jose Earthquakes
Seattle Sounders
Sporting Kansas
St Louis City
Toronto FC
Vancouver Whitecaps
FC Cincinnati
Major League Soccer
Apr 7, 2024 at 12.30am UK
Nippert Stadium
New York Red Bulls

Cincinnati
1 - 2
NY Red Bulls

Kubo (3')
Nwobodo (32'), Miazga (45+4'), Orellano (74')
FT(HT: 1-1)
Amaya (19'), Vanzeir (60')
Amaya (70'), Ngoma (90+5')

The Match

Preview

Sports Mole previews Saturday's Major League Soccer clash between FC Cincinnati and New York Red Bulls, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Charlotte FC 1-1 Cincinnati
Saturday, March 30 at 11.30pm in Major League Soccer
Last Game: Orlando City 1-1 NY Red Bulls
Saturday, March 30 at 11.30pm in Major League Soccer

We said: FC Cincinnati 1-0 New York Red Bulls

Both sides are coming into this match following fairly underwhelming performances last weekend and will be looking for a better showing this week. There is very little to separate these two on paper but Cincinnati's defence, particularly at home, has been impressive and we feel they will be able to manage another shut out here. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a FC Cincinnati win with a probability of 55.76%. A draw had a probability of 24.5% and a win for New York Red Bulls had a probability of 19.74%.

The most likely scoreline for a FC Cincinnati win was 1-0 with a probability of 13.29%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 2-0 (10.95%) and 2-1 (9.52%). The likeliest drawn scoreline was 1-1 (11.56%), while for a New York Red Bulls win it was 0-1 (7.02%). The actual scoreline of 1-2 was predicted with a 5% likelihood.

Result
FC CincinnatiDrawNew York Red Bulls
55.76% (0.575 0.57) 24.49% (-0.059000000000001 -0.06) 19.74% (-0.518 -0.52)
Both teams to score 46.89% (-0.585 -0.59)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
46.04% (-0.379 -0.38)53.95% (0.375 0.38)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
24.6% (-0.319 -0.32)75.4% (0.315 0.31)
FC Cincinnati Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
80.74% (0.075000000000003 0.08)19.25% (-0.078999999999997 -0.08)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
49.02% (0.125 0.13)50.97% (-0.13 -0.13)
New York Red Bulls Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
58.07% (-0.782 -0.78)41.92% (0.778 0.78)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
21.63% (-0.689 -0.69)78.37% (0.68599999999999 0.69)
Score Analysis
    FC Cincinnati 55.75%
    New York Red Bulls 19.74%
    Draw 24.49%
FC CincinnatiDrawNew York Red Bulls
1-0 @ 13.29% (0.22 0.22)
2-0 @ 10.95% (0.21 0.21)
2-1 @ 9.52% (-0.016 -0.02)
3-0 @ 6.02% (0.131 0.13)
3-1 @ 5.23% (0.0040000000000004 0)
4-0 @ 2.48% (0.06 0.06)
3-2 @ 2.27% (-0.047 -0.05)
4-1 @ 2.15% (0.0070000000000001 0.01)
4-2 @ 0.94% (-0.017 -0.02)
Other @ 2.9%
Total : 55.75%
1-1 @ 11.56% (-0.039999999999999 -0.04)
0-0 @ 8.07% (0.118 0.12)
2-2 @ 4.14% (-0.097 -0.1)
Other @ 0.72%
Total : 24.49%
0-1 @ 7.02% (-0.047 -0.05)
1-2 @ 5.03% (-0.13 -0.13)
0-2 @ 3.05% (-0.087 -0.09)
1-3 @ 1.46% (-0.07 -0.07)
2-3 @ 1.2% (-0.055 -0.05)
Other @ 1.99%
Total : 19.74%

How you voted: Cincinnati vs NY Red Bulls

FC Cincinnati
60.0%
Draw
20.0%
New York Red Bulls
20.0%
5
Head to Head
Nov 4, 2023 11pm
NY Red Bulls
1-1
Cincinnati
NY Red Bulls win 8-7 on penalties
Barlow (45')
Lesesne (40'), Barlow (41'), Reyes (55')
Lesesne (0')
Boupendza (75')
Arias (39'), Mosquera (75'), Miazga (90+10'), Miazga (98')
Oct 30, 2023 12am
Cincinnati
3-0
NY Red Bulls
Barreal (23', 89'), Acosta (35')
Miazga (33'), Barreal (52'), Boupendza (74')

Manoel (76'), Nealis (89'), Amaya (90')
Oct 5, 2023 12.30am
Cincinnati
1-2
NY Red Bulls
Acosta (68' pen.)
Gaddis (27'), Powell (49'), Hagglund (73'), Pinto (82'), Barreal (90+8'), Acosta (90+10')
Powell (88')
Amaya (12'), Manoel (17')
Lesesne (28'), Reyes (53'), Coronel (90+9'), Duncan (90+10')
Jul 13, 2023 12.30am
NY Red Bulls
1-2
Cincinnati
Fernandez (28' pen.)
Ndam (3'), Edelman (45+1'), Vanzeir (64')
Acosta (80' pen.), Nwobodo (90+3')
Pinto (19'), Santos (62'), Ordonez (71')
rhs 2.0
Euro 2024 fixtures header
Sunday, June 23
 
8pm
Monday, June 24
 
8pm
 
8pm
Tuesday, June 25
 
5pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
 
8pm
Wednesday, June 26
 
5pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
 
8pm
Saturday, June 29
Sunday, June 30
Monday, July 1
Tuesday, July 2
Friday, July 5
Saturday, July 6
Tuesday, July 9
Wednesday, July 10
Sunday, July 14
Tables header RHS

Group A

TeamPWDLPTS
Q Germany Germany22006
2 Switzerland Switzerland21104
3 Scotland flag Scotland20111
4 Hungary Hungary20020

Group B

TeamPWDLPTS
Q Spain Spain22006
2 Italy Italy21013
3 Albania national flag Albania20111
4 Croatia Croatia20111

Group C

TeamPWDLPTS
1 England flag England21104
2 Denmark Denmark20202
3 Slovenia Slovenia20202
4 Serbia Serbia20111

Group D

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Netherlands Netherlands21104
2 France France21104
3 Austria Austria21013
4 Poland Poland20020

Group E

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Romania Romania21013
2 Belgium Belgium21013
3 Slovakia Slovakia21013
4 Ukraine Ukraine21013

Group F

TeamPWDLPTS
Q Portugal Portugal22006
2 Turkey Turkey21013
3 Czech Republic Czech Republic20111
4 Georgia Georgia20111


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!