MX23RW : Sunday, April 21 11:15:32| >> :300:86500:86500:
Milan logo
Atalanta logo
Bologna logo
Cagliari logo
Empoli logo
Fiorentina logo
Frosinone logo
Genoa logo
Hellas Verona logo
Inter logo
Juventus logo
Lazio logo
Lecce logo
Monza
Napoli logo
Roma logo
Salernitana
Sassuolo logo
Torino logo
Udinese logo
Bologna logo
Serie A | Gameweek 23
Feb 3, 2024 at 7.45pm UK
Stadio Renato Dall'Ara
Sassuolo logo

Bologna
4 - 2
Sassuolo

Viti (24' og.), Fabbian (73'), Ferguson (83'), Saelemaekers (86')
Aebischer (55')
FT(HT: 1-2)
Thorstvedt (13'), Volpato (34')
Thorstvedt (45+1'), Boloca (85'), Doig (90+3')

The Match

Preview

Sports Mole previews Saturday's Serie A clash between Bologna and Sassuolo, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: AC Milan 2-2 Bologna
Saturday, January 27 at 7.45pm in Serie A
Last Game: Monza 1-0 Sassuolo
Sunday, January 28 at 2pm in Serie A

We said: Bologna 2-1 Sassuolo

Sassuolo simply cannot keep clean sheets and are always prone to conceding more than once away from home, while Bologna rule the roost at Stadio Dall'Ara. For that reason, the hosts should secure maximum points for the first time in 2024; their local rivals will stay mired in trouble. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Bologna win with a probability of 51.21%. A draw had a probability of 24.7% and a win for Sassuolo had a probability of 24.08%.

The most likely scoreline for a Bologna win was 1-0 with a probability of 11.37%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 2-1 (9.56%) and 2-0 (9.25%). The likeliest drawn scoreline was 1-1 (11.75%), while for a Sassuolo win it was 0-1 (7.22%). The actual scoreline of 4-2 was predicted with a 1.1% likelihood. Our team at Sports Mole and our data analysis both correctly predicted that Bologna would win this match.

Result
BolognaDrawSassuolo
51.21% (-0.232 -0.23) 24.72% (-0.224 -0.22) 24.08% (0.459 0.46)
Both teams to score 51.77% (1.179 1.18)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
49.67% (1.308 1.31)50.33% (-1.305 -1.31)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
27.73% (1.15 1.15)72.27% (-1.147 -1.15)
Bologna Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
80.35% (0.42100000000001 0.42)19.65% (-0.418 -0.42)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
48.38% (0.67899999999999 0.68)51.62% (-0.67599999999999 -0.68)
Sassuolo Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
64.43% (1.137 1.14)35.57% (-1.133 -1.13)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
27.66% (1.154 1.15)72.34% (-1.152 -1.15)
Score Analysis
    Bologna 51.2%
    Sassuolo 24.08%
    Draw 24.71%
BolognaDrawSassuolo
1-0 @ 11.37% (-0.45 -0.45)
2-1 @ 9.56% (0.042999999999999 0.04)
2-0 @ 9.25% (-0.247 -0.25)
3-1 @ 5.19% (0.089 0.09)
3-0 @ 5.02% (-0.068000000000001 -0.07)
3-2 @ 2.68% (0.126 0.13)
4-1 @ 2.11% (0.063 0.06)
4-0 @ 2.04% (-0.00099999999999989 -0)
4-2 @ 1.09% (0.065 0.07)
Other @ 2.89%
Total : 51.2%
1-1 @ 11.75% (-0.1 -0.1)
0-0 @ 6.99% (-0.376 -0.38)
2-2 @ 4.94% (0.171 0.17)
3-3 @ 0.92% (0.07 0.07)
Other @ 0.1%
Total : 24.71%
0-1 @ 7.22% (-0.158 -0.16)
1-2 @ 6.08% (0.133 0.13)
0-2 @ 3.73% (0.034 0.03)
1-3 @ 2.09% (0.108 0.11)
2-3 @ 1.7% (0.109 0.11)
0-3 @ 1.29% (0.05 0.05)
Other @ 1.96%
Total : 24.08%

How you voted: Bologna vs Sassuolo

Bologna
82.0%
Draw
11.5%
Sassuolo
6.6%
61
Head to Head
Oct 28, 2023 2pm
Gameweek 10
Sassuolo
1-1
Bologna
Boloca (44')
Berardi (90')
Zirkzee (3')
Lykogiannis (58'), Motta (60'), El Azzouzi (71'), Saelemaekers (90+5')
May 8, 2023 7.45pm
Nov 12, 2022 7.45pm
Gameweek 15
Bologna
3-0
Sassuolo
Aebischer (30'), Arnautovic (50'), Ferguson (78')
May 15, 2022 11.30am
Gameweek 37
Bologna
1-3
Sassuolo
Orsolini (90+2' pen.)
Scamacca (35', 80'), Berardi (75')
Raspadori (57')
Dec 22, 2021 3.30pm
Gameweek 19
Sassuolo
0-3
Bologna

Magnanelli (90')
Orsolini (36'), Hickey (44'), Santander (90+4')
Svanberg (59'), Dominguez (64'), Santander (76')
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1Inter Milan32265177176083
2AC Milan32216563372669
3Juventus331810547262164
4Bologna321611545252059
5Roma31167856352155
6Lazio33164134235752
7Atalanta BCAtalanta311561057362151
8Napoli331310105041949
9Torino32111293129245
10Fiorentina31128114336744
11Monza321110113441-743
12Genoa33912123540-539
13CagliariCagliari33711153656-2032
14Lecce32711142748-2132
15Hellas VeronaHellas Verona33710163144-1331
16Empoli3387182648-2231
17Udinese32416123048-1828
18FrosinoneFrosinone3269174063-2327
19SassuoloSassuolo3268183962-2326
20Salernitana3229212668-4215


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!