MX23RW : Sunday, April 14 08:09:11| >> :300:86500:86500:
Birmingham logo
Blackburn logo
Bristol City
Cardiff City logo
Coventry City
Huddersfield logo
Hull logo
Ipswich logo
Leeds logo
Leicester logo
Middlesbrough logo
Millwall logo
Norwich logo
Plymouth Argyle
Preston North End logo
QPR logo
Rotherham logo
Sheffield Wednesday logo
Southampton logo
Stoke logo
Sunderland
Swansea logo
Watford logo
West Brom logo
Leeds logo
Championship | Gameweek 29
Jan 24, 2024 at 7.45pm UK
Elland Road
Norwich logo

Leeds
1 - 0
Norwich

Bamford (16')
Firpo (69')
FT(HT: 1-0)

Gibson (44'), Giannoulis (47')

The Match

Preview

Sports Mole previews Wednesday's Championship clash between Leeds United and Norwich City, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Leeds 2-1 Preston
Sunday, January 21 at 12pm in Championship

We said: Leeds United 2-1 Norwich City

With Norwich having improved of late, this has the potential to be an even contest, particularly given how Leeds failed to convince against Preston. Nevertheless, they have momentum from that contest, leading us to predict another maximum return for Leeds in a close fixture. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Leeds United win with a probability of 63.48%. A draw had a probability of 19.8% and a win for Norwich City had a probability of 16.73%.

The most likely scoreline for a Leeds United win was 2-1 with a probability of 9.9%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 2-0 (9.76%) and 1-0 (9.05%). The likeliest drawn scoreline was 1-1 (9.17%), while for a Norwich City win it was 1-2 (4.65%). The actual scoreline of 1-0 was predicted with a 9% likelihood. Our team at Sports Mole and our data analysis both correctly predicted that Leeds United would win this match.

Result
Leeds UnitedDrawNorwich City
63.48% (-0.033000000000001 -0.03) 19.78% (0.004999999999999 0) 16.73% (0.023 0.02)
Both teams to score 56.35% (0.043999999999997 0.04)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
61.42% (0.030000000000001 0.03)38.58% (-0.034999999999997 -0.03)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
39.12% (0.030999999999999 0.03)60.88% (-0.036999999999999 -0.04)
Leeds United Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
88.45%11.55% (-0.0039999999999996 -0)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
63.51% (0.00099999999999767 0)36.49% (-0.0060000000000002 -0.01)
Norwich City Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
63.71% (0.045999999999999 0.05)36.29% (-0.052000000000007 -0.05)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
26.93% (0.048999999999999 0.05)73.07% (-0.054000000000002 -0.05)
Score Analysis
    Leeds United 63.48%
    Norwich City 16.73%
    Draw 19.78%
Leeds UnitedDrawNorwich City
2-1 @ 9.9% (-0.00099999999999945 -0)
2-0 @ 9.76% (-0.013999999999999 -0.01)
1-0 @ 9.05% (-0.013999999999999 -0.01)
3-1 @ 7.12%
3-0 @ 7.02% (-0.0090000000000003 -0.01)
4-1 @ 3.84% (0.00099999999999989 0)
4-0 @ 3.79% (-0.004 -0)
3-2 @ 3.61% (0.0049999999999999 0)
4-2 @ 1.95% (0.0030000000000001 0)
5-1 @ 1.66%
5-0 @ 1.64% (-0.002 -0)
Other @ 4.15%
Total : 63.48%
1-1 @ 9.17% (-0.00099999999999945 -0)
2-2 @ 5.02% (0.0070000000000006 0.01)
0-0 @ 4.19% (-0.0069999999999997 -0.01)
3-3 @ 1.22% (0.004 0)
Other @ 0.18%
Total : 19.78%
1-2 @ 4.65% (0.0060000000000002 0.01)
0-1 @ 4.25% (-0.0010000000000003 -0)
0-2 @ 2.15% (0.0019999999999998 0)
2-3 @ 1.7% (0.004 0)
1-3 @ 1.57% (0.004 0)
Other @ 2.41%
Total : 16.73%

How you voted: Leeds vs Norwich

Leeds United
78.6%
Draw
7.9%
Norwich City
13.5%
126
Head to Head
Oct 21, 2023 3pm
Gameweek 12
Norwich
2-3
Leeds
Duffy (4'), Sara (43')
Duffy (10'), Sara (34')
Duffy (63' og.), Summerville (77', 85')
Summerville (19'), Rodon (45+1'), Meslier (87')
Mar 13, 2022 2pm
Gameweek 29
Leeds
2-1
Norwich
Rodrigo (14'), Gelhardt (90+4')
Ayling (26'), Harrison (71'), James (77')
McLean (90+1')
Gunn (15'), Aarons (77')
Oct 31, 2021 2pm
Gameweek 10
Norwich
1-2
Leeds
Omobamidele (58')
McLean (46')
Raphinha (56'), Rodrigo (60')
Rodrigo (32'), Harrison (44'), Shackleton (67'), Drameh (79')
Feb 2, 2019 5.30pm
Gameweek 30
Leeds
1-3
Norwich
Bamford (91')
Roberts (52'), Roofe (65'), Alioski (74')
Vrancic (5', 78'), Pukki (35')
Krul (26'), Stiepermann (83')
Aug 25, 2018 3pm
Gameweek 5
Norwich
0-3
Leeds

Trybull (50')
Klich (21'), Alioski (26'), Hernandez (67')
Ayling (62'), Berardi (90')
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1Ipswich TownIpswich432611685533289
2Leicester CityLeicester422841079384188
3Leeds UnitedLeeds43269876344287
4Southampton41249881542781
5West Bromwich AlbionWest Brom4320121166422472
6Norwich CityNorwich432181476601671
7Hull City421811136254865
8Coventry CityCoventry4217121366521463
9Middlesbrough43189166156563
10Preston North EndPreston42189155657-163
11Cardiff CityCardiff43185204860-1259
12Bristol City431610175046458
13Sunderland43168195250256
14Swansea CitySwansea431411185362-953
15Watford431216155958152
16Millwall431311194255-1350
17Blackburn RoversBlackburn431310205771-1449
18Plymouth ArgylePlymouth431212195866-848
19Queens Park RangersQPR431211204057-1747
20Stoke CityStoke431211204160-1947
21Birmingham CityBirmingham43129224864-1645
22Huddersfield TownHuddersfield43917174770-2344
23Sheffield WednesdaySheff Weds43128233667-3144
RRotherham UnitedRotherham43411283285-5323


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!