MX23RW : Wednesday, April 17 09:12:48| >> :300:86500:86500:
Barnsley
Blackpool
Bolton logo
Bristol Rovers
Burton Albion
Cambridge United
Carlisle United
Charlton Athletic
Cheltenham Town
Derby logo
Exeter City
Fleetwood Town
Leyton Orient
Lincoln City
Northampton Town
Oxford United
Peterborough United
Port Vale
Portsmouth
Reading logo
Shrewsbury Town
Wigan logo
Wycombe Wanderers
Cheltenham Town
League One | Gameweek 36
Mar 2, 2024 at 3pm UK
Jonny-Rocks Stadium
Burton Albion

Cheltenham
0 - 0
Burton Albion


Ferry (88')
FT

Sweeney (35'), Powell (44'), Oshilaja (50'), Crocombe (71')

The Match

Preview

Sports Mole previews Saturday's League One clash between Cheltenham Town and Burton Albion, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Wycombe 2-0 Cheltenham
Tuesday, February 27 at 7.45pm in League One
Last Game: Burton Albion 0-1 Carlisle
Tuesday, February 27 at 7.45pm in League One

We said: Cheltenham Town 0-1 Burton Albion

Burton Albion have not lost to Cheltenham Town in any competition since November 2012 and have won five in this time, which will leave them confident of securing all three points. Neither side have been prolific in front of goal this season, scoring 28 and 29 respectively, and we doubt this one will provide many goals either. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Cheltenham Town win with a probability of 46.61%. A win for Burton Albion had a probability of 27.3% and a draw had a probability of 26.1%.

The most likely scoreline for a Cheltenham Town win was 1-0 with a probability of 11.64%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 2-1 (9.14%) and 2-0 (8.59%). The likeliest Burton Albion win was 0-1 (8.4%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (12.39%). The actual scoreline of 0-0 was predicted with a 7.9% likelihood.

Result
Cheltenham TownDrawBurton Albion
46.61% (-0.015000000000001 -0.02) 26.08% (0.0070000000000014 0.01) 27.3% (0.011999999999997 0.01)
Both teams to score 50.5% (-0.0080000000000027 -0.01)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
46.61% (-0.015000000000001 -0.02)53.39% (0.019000000000005 0.02)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
25.07% (-0.012 -0.01)74.92% (0.015000000000001 0.02)
Cheltenham Town Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
77.12% (-0.012 -0.01)22.88% (0.016999999999999 0.02)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
43.37% (-0.021000000000001 -0.02)56.63% (0.024999999999999 0.02)
Burton Albion Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
65.49% (0.0030000000000001 0)34.51% (0.0010000000000048 0)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
28.77% (0.00099999999999767 0)71.23% (0.0030000000000001 0)
Score Analysis
    Cheltenham Town 46.61%
    Burton Albion 27.3%
    Draw 26.08%
Cheltenham TownDrawBurton Albion
1-0 @ 11.64%
2-1 @ 9.14% (-0.0019999999999989 -0)
2-0 @ 8.59% (-0.0020000000000007 -0)
3-1 @ 4.49% (-0.0030000000000001 -0)
3-0 @ 4.22% (-0.0029999999999992 -0)
3-2 @ 2.39% (-0.00099999999999989 -0)
4-1 @ 1.66% (-0.002 -0)
4-0 @ 1.56% (-0.002 -0)
Other @ 2.93%
Total : 46.61%
1-1 @ 12.39% (0.0099999999999998 0.01)
0-0 @ 7.9% (0.0060000000000002 0.01)
2-2 @ 4.86% (-0.0010000000000003 -0)
Other @ 0.94%
Total : 26.08%
0-1 @ 8.4% (0.0060000000000002 0.01)
1-2 @ 6.59% (0.0010000000000003 0)
0-2 @ 4.47% (0.0030000000000001 0)
1-3 @ 2.34% (0.00099999999999989 0)
2-3 @ 1.72%
0-3 @ 1.59% (0.00099999999999989 0)
Other @ 2.19%
Total : 27.3%

How you voted: Cheltenham vs Burton Albion

Cheltenham Town
20.0%
Draw
20.0%
Burton Albion
60.0%
5
Head to Head
Apr 1, 2023 3pm
Oct 22, 2022 3pm
Jan 8, 2022 3pm
Gameweek 27
Cheltenham
1-1
Burton Albion
Wright (21')
Blair (16')
Jebbison (51')
Oshilaja (64'), Hamer (78')
Aug 27, 2021 7.45pm
Gameweek 5
Burton Albion
1-1
Cheltenham
Akins (67')
Hamer (82'), Brayford (90+2')
Wright (28')
Lloyd (64')
Feb 7, 2015 3pm
Cheltenham
1-3
Burton Albion
Burns (55')
Brown (45')
Beavon (21'), McGurk (36'), Edwards (49')
Weir (81')
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1Portsmouth442713475393694
2Derby CountyDerby442681075373886
3Bolton WanderersBolton442411981483383
4Peterborough UnitedPeterborough432481184562880
5Barnsley4421121179601975
6Oxford UnitedOxford Utd4421101376542273
7Lincoln CityLincoln4419141163372671
8Blackpool4420101460431770
9Stevenage4418131354441067
10Leyton Orient441711165053-362
11Northampton TownNorthampton44178195563-859
12Wycombe WanderersWycombe431513155553258
13Exeter CityExeter441610184358-1558
14Bristol Rovers44169195264-1257
15Wigan AthleticWigan441810165955456
16Charlton AthleticCharlton441119146363052
17Reading441511186365-250
18Shrewsbury TownShrewsbury44138233363-3047
19Cambridge UnitedCambridge431210213859-2146
20Burton Albion441110233662-2643
21Cheltenham TownCheltenham43118243761-2441
22Port Vale441010244172-3140
23Fleetwood TownFleetwood44813234572-2737
RCarlisle UnitedCarlisle4479284076-3630


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!