MX23RW : Monday, May 27 01:40:34| >> :300:86500:86500:
Aberdeen logo
Celtic logo
Dundee logo
Hearts logo
Hibs logo
Kilmarnock logo
Livingston logo
Motherwell logo
Rangers logo
Ross County
St Johnstone logo
St Mirren logo
Motherwell logo
Scottish Premiership | Gameweek 24
Feb 3, 2024 at 3pm UK
Fir Park
Kilmarnock logo

Motherwell
1 - 1
Kilmarnock

Bair (38')
Butcher (80'), Spittal (85')
FT(HT: 1-1)
Mayo (13')
Wright (36'), Armstrong (48'), Stewart (80'), Findlay (85'), van Veen (90+5')

The Match

Preview

Sports Mole previews Saturday's Scottish Premiership clash between Motherwell and Kilmarnock, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Kilmarnock 2-2 Hibernian
Saturday, January 27 at 3pm in Scottish Premiership

We said: Motherwell 1-1 Kilmarnock

Games between these two teams have proven to be close this season, and it has been clear that each team knows how to cause problems for the other. Considering the impressive form that Motherwell are enjoying as of late, they could end up sharing the spoils with Kilmarnock. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Motherwell win with a probability of 46.84%. A win for Kilmarnock had a probability of 27.45% and a draw had a probability of 25.7%.

The most likely scoreline for a Motherwell win was 1-0 with a probability of 11.19%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 2-1 (9.23%) and 2-0 (8.45%). The likeliest Kilmarnock win was 0-1 (8.1%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (12.22%). The actual scoreline of 1-1 was predicted with a 12.2% likelihood. Our team at Sports Mole correctly predicted a 1-1 draw for this match.

Result
MotherwellDrawKilmarnock
46.84% (0.687 0.69) 25.71% (0.009999999999998 0.01) 27.45% (-0.697 -0.7)
Both teams to score 51.76% (-0.519 -0.52)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
48.19% (-0.448 -0.45)51.81% (0.448 0.45)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
26.43% (-0.389 -0.39)73.57% (0.38999999999999 0.39)
Motherwell Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
77.89% (0.12400000000001 0.12)22.11% (-0.122 -0.12)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
44.53% (0.187 0.19)55.47% (-0.186 -0.19)
Kilmarnock Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
66.46% (-0.774 -0.77)33.54% (0.775 0.77)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
29.81% (-0.857 -0.86)70.19% (0.858 0.86)
Score Analysis
    Motherwell 46.84%
    Kilmarnock 27.45%
    Draw 25.7%
MotherwellDrawKilmarnock
1-0 @ 11.19% (0.24 0.24)
2-1 @ 9.23% (0.036999999999999 0.04)
2-0 @ 8.45% (0.211 0.21)
3-1 @ 4.64% (0.036 0.04)
3-0 @ 4.25% (0.121 0.12)
3-2 @ 2.54% (-0.034 -0.03)
4-1 @ 1.75% (0.02 0.02)
4-0 @ 1.6% (0.051 0.05)
4-2 @ 0.96% (-0.01 -0.01)
Other @ 2.24%
Total : 46.84%
1-1 @ 12.22%
0-0 @ 7.42% (0.131 0.13)
2-2 @ 5.04% (-0.087000000000001 -0.09)
3-3 @ 0.92% (-0.033 -0.03)
Other @ 0.1%
Total : 25.7%
0-1 @ 8.1% (-0.026999999999999 -0.03)
1-2 @ 6.68% (-0.141 -0.14)
0-2 @ 4.42% (-0.11 -0.11)
1-3 @ 2.43% (-0.105 -0.11)
2-3 @ 1.84% (-0.071 -0.07)
0-3 @ 1.61% (-0.075 -0.08)
Other @ 2.38%
Total : 27.45%

Head to Head
Nov 4, 2023 3pm
Gameweek 12
Kilmarnock
1-0
Motherwell
Cameron (49')
Watson (38'), Lyons (90+5')

Casey (32')
Aug 26, 2023 3pm
Gameweek 3
Motherwell
2-1
Kilmarnock
Casey (59'), Paton (90+8')
O'Donnell (43'), Spencer (52'), Slattery (57'), Paton (66'), Casey (71'), McGinn (90+2')
Watkins (12')
Watkins (32'), Deas (66'), Watson (73')
May 6, 2023 3pm
Gameweek 34
Motherwell
2-0
Kilmarnock
Spittal (4'), Van Veen (90+1')
Feb 25, 2023 3pm
Dec 23, 2022 7.45pm
Gameweek 18
Motherwell
2-2
Kilmarnock
Van Veen (22'), Slattery (60')
McGinn (73' og.), Polworth (75')
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
Championship Group
CCeltic550095306593
2RangersRangers531187325585
3Hearts513154421268
4Kilmarnock51224644256
5St Mirren51134652-647
6Dundee50144968-1942
Relegation Group
1Aberdeen54104852-448
2Hibernian52125259-746
3Motherwell52035659-343
4St Johnstone51132954-2535
5Ross County51223867-2935
RLivingston52122970-4125
 
First Phase
CCeltic33246380265478
2RangersRangers33243672234975
3Hearts33195946341262
4Kilmarnock33131284334951
5St Mirren33127143843-543
6Dundee331011124454-1041
7Hibernian33912124451-739
8Motherwell33813124651-537
9Aberdeen33811143549-1435
10St Johnstone33710162446-2231
11Ross County3379173256-2430
RLivingston3339212259-3718


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!