MX23RW : Friday, April 19 22:24:01| >> :300:86500:86500:
Barnsley
Blackpool
Bolton logo
Bristol Rovers
Burton Albion
Cambridge United
Carlisle United
Charlton Athletic
Cheltenham Town
Derby logo
Exeter City
Fleetwood Town
Leyton Orient
Lincoln City
Northampton Town
Oxford United
Peterborough United
Port Vale
Portsmouth
Reading logo
Shrewsbury Town
Stevenage
Wigan logo
Wycombe Wanderers
Bristol Rovers
League One | Gameweek 29
Jan 20, 2024 at 3pm UK
Memorial Stadium
Blackpool

Bristol Rovers
1 - 2
Blackpool

Martin (24')
Crama (40'), Taylor (46'), Taylor (46'), Marquis (81'), Evans (83'), Collins (90+5')
FT(HT: 1-2)
Hamilton (5'), Dembele (19')
O'Donnell (50'), Gabriel (79'), Norburn (84')

The Match

Preview

Sports Mole previews Saturday's League One clash between Bristol Rovers and Blackpool, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

We said: Bristol Rovers 2-1 Blackpool

While Blackpool are carrying slightly better league form into this match, it is hard to ignore Britol's home record this season. The Pirates have only been beaten once at the Memorial Stadium in 11 matches and are unbeaten in their last nine, including five wins. We fancy them to claim another home victory in this one. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Bristol Rovers win with a probability of 38.04%. A win for Blackpool had a probability of 37.25% and a draw had a probability of 24.7%.

The most likely scoreline for a Bristol Rovers win was 2-1 with a probability of 8.44%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 1-0 (7.95%) and 2-0 (5.83%). The likeliest Blackpool win was 1-2 (8.34%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (11.51%). The actual scoreline of 1-2 was predicted with an 8.3% likelihood.

Result
Bristol RoversDrawBlackpool
38.04% (-0.015000000000001 -0.02) 24.71% (0.0039999999999978 0) 37.25% (0.0060000000000002 0.01)
Both teams to score 58.83% (-0.021999999999998 -0.02)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
55.72% (-0.027000000000001 -0.03)44.28% (0.023000000000003 0.02)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
33.34% (-0.024000000000001 -0.02)66.65% (0.022000000000006 0.02)
Bristol Rovers Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
76.9% (-0.021000000000001 -0.02)23.09% (0.018000000000001 0.02)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
43.06% (-0.028999999999996 -0.03)56.94% (0.025000000000006 0.03)
Blackpool Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
76.5% (-0.010000000000005 -0.01)23.5% (0.0070000000000014 0.01)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
42.46% (-0.012 -0.01)57.53% (0.0090000000000003 0.01)
Score Analysis
    Bristol Rovers 38.04%
    Blackpool 37.26%
    Draw 24.7%
Bristol RoversDrawBlackpool
2-1 @ 8.44% (-0.0019999999999989 -0)
1-0 @ 7.95% (0.0039999999999996 0)
2-0 @ 5.83%
3-1 @ 4.12% (-0.0030000000000001 -0)
3-2 @ 2.99% (-0.0029999999999997 -0)
3-0 @ 2.85% (-0.0010000000000003 -0)
4-1 @ 1.51% (-0.002 -0)
4-2 @ 1.09% (-0.002 -0)
4-0 @ 1.04% (-0.002 -0)
Other @ 2.21%
Total : 38.04%
1-1 @ 11.51%
2-2 @ 6.11% (-0.0019999999999998 -0)
0-0 @ 5.43% (0.0059999999999993 0.01)
3-3 @ 1.44% (-0.002 -0)
Other @ 0.21%
Total : 24.7%
1-2 @ 8.34% (0.00099999999999945 0)
0-1 @ 7.86% (0.0069999999999997 0.01)
0-2 @ 5.69% (0.0030000000000001 0)
1-3 @ 4.03%
2-3 @ 2.95% (-0.0019999999999998 -0)
0-3 @ 2.75% (0.00099999999999989 0)
1-4 @ 1.46%
2-4 @ 1.07% (-0.00099999999999989 -0)
0-4 @ 1% (0.001 0)
Other @ 2.12%
Total : 37.26%

How you voted: Bristol Rovers vs Blackpool

Bristol Rovers
61.5%
Draw
23.1%
Blackpool
15.4%
13
Head to Head
Dec 23, 2023 3pm
Gameweek 23
Blackpool
3-1
Bristol Rovers
Norburn (21'), Beesley (46'), Rhodes (82')
Connolly (38'), Pennington (50')
Marquis (25')
May 9, 2021 12pm
Gameweek 46
Blackpool
1-0
Bristol Rovers
Simms (75')
Holmes (18')

Harries (13'), Hargreaves (25'), Baldwin (31'), Tutonda (55')
Jan 2, 2021 3pm
Gameweek 22
Bristol Rovers
2-1
Blackpool
Hanlan (34'), Nicholson (36')
Ehmer (64'), Leahy (87')
Madine (9')
Feb 15, 2020 3pm
Gameweek 34
Bristol Rovers
2-1
Blackpool
Kilgour (73'), Ginnelly (84')
Upson (54')
Madine (2')
Husband (30')
Heneghan (43')
Aug 3, 2019 3pm
Gameweek 1
Blackpool
2-0
Bristol Rovers
Spearing (28' pen.), Gnanduillet (46')
Turton (65')

Smith (72')
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
CPortsmouth442713475393694
2Derby CountyDerby442681075373886
3Bolton WanderersBolton442411981483383
4Peterborough UnitedPeterborough432481184562880
5Barnsley4421121179601975
6Oxford UnitedOxford Utd4521111377552274
7Lincoln CityLincoln4419141163372671
8Blackpool4420101460431770
9Stevenage4518141355451068
10Leyton Orient441711165053-362
11Northampton TownNorthampton44178195563-859
12Wycombe WanderersWycombe431513155553258
13Exeter CityExeter441610184358-1558
14Bristol Rovers44169195264-1257
15Wigan AthleticWigan441810165955456
16Charlton AthleticCharlton441119146363052
17Reading441511186365-250
18Shrewsbury TownShrewsbury44138233363-3047
19Cambridge UnitedCambridge431210213859-2146
20Burton Albion441110233662-2643
21Cheltenham TownCheltenham43118243761-2441
22Port Vale441010244172-3140
23Fleetwood TownFleetwood44813234572-2737
RCarlisle UnitedCarlisle4479284076-3630


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!