MX23RW : Wednesday, April 17 03:10:51| >> :300:86500:86500:
Arsenal logo
Aston Villa logo
Bournemouth logo
Brentford logo
Brighton logo
Burnley logo
Chelsea logo
Crystal Palace logo
Everton logo
Fulham logo
Liverpool logo
Luton Town
Manchester City logo
Manchester United logo
Newcastle logo
Nottingham Forest logo
Sheffield United logo
Spurs logo
West Ham logo
Wolves logo
Luton Town
Premier League | Gameweek 27
Mar 2, 2024 at 5.30pm UK
Kenilworth Road Stadium
Aston Villa logo

Luton
2 - 3
Aston Villa

Chong (66'), Morris (72')
Burke (38')
FT(HT: 0-2)
Watkins (24', 38'), Digne (89')
Bailey (45+5'), Luiz (45'), Rogers (50'), Zaniolo (90+2')

The Match

Match Report

Lucas Digne scores an 89th-minute winner as Aston Villa record a 3-2 victory over Luton Town in Saturday's Premier League clash at Kenilworth Road.

Preview

Sports Mole previews Saturday's Premier League clash between Luton Town and Aston Villa, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Aston Villa win with a probability of 60.41%. A draw had a probability of 20.3% and a win for Luton Town had a probability of 19.28%.

The most likely scoreline for an Aston Villa win was 1-2 with a probability of 9.84%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 0-2 (8.71%) and 0-1 (8.15%). The likeliest drawn scoreline was 1-1 (9.2%), while for a Luton Town win it was 2-1 (5.2%). The actual scoreline of 2-3 was predicted with a 4% likelihood. Our team at Sports Mole and our data analysis both correctly predicted that Aston Villa would win this match.

Result
Luton TownDrawAston Villa
19.28% (-0.048999999999999 -0.05) 20.3% (-0.175 -0.18) 60.41% (0.22 0.22)
Both teams to score 59.7% (0.56 0.56)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
63.4% (0.76900000000001 0.77)36.6% (-0.772 -0.77)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
41.25% (0.832 0.83)58.75% (-0.83600000000001 -0.84)
Luton Town Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
67.68% (0.407 0.41)32.32% (-0.413 -0.41)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
31.17% (0.458 0.46)68.82% (-0.46300000000001 -0.46)
Aston Villa Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
88.21% (0.29499999999999 0.29)11.79% (-0.299 -0.3)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
63.01% (0.634 0.63)36.99% (-0.638 -0.64)
Score Analysis
    Luton Town 19.28%
    Aston Villa 60.41%
    Draw 20.3%
Luton TownDrawAston Villa
2-1 @ 5.2% (-0.018 -0.02)
1-0 @ 4.3% (-0.115 -0.12)
2-0 @ 2.43% (-0.037 -0.04)
3-2 @ 2.09% (0.04 0.04)
3-1 @ 1.96% (0.015 0.01)
3-0 @ 0.92% (-0.003 -0)
Other @ 2.39%
Total : 19.28%
1-1 @ 9.2% (-0.136 -0.14)
2-2 @ 5.56% (0.047 0.05)
0-0 @ 3.81% (-0.147 -0.15)
3-3 @ 1.49% (0.047 0.05)
Other @ 0.25%
Total : 20.3%
1-2 @ 9.84% (-0.028 -0.03)
0-2 @ 8.71% (-0.124 -0.12)
0-1 @ 8.15% (-0.214 -0.21)
1-3 @ 7.01% (0.061999999999999 0.06)
0-3 @ 6.21% (-0.014 -0.01)
2-3 @ 3.96% (0.079 0.08)
1-4 @ 3.75% (0.077 0.08)
0-4 @ 3.32% (0.031 0.03)
2-4 @ 2.12% (0.066 0.07)
1-5 @ 1.6% (0.052 0.05)
0-5 @ 1.42% (0.03 0.03)
2-5 @ 0.91% (0.039 0.04)
Other @ 3.44%
Total : 60.41%

How you voted: Luton vs Aston Villa

Luton Town
13.1%
Draw
13.1%
Aston Villa
73.7%
213
Head to Head
Oct 29, 2023 2pm
Gameweek 10
Aston Villa
3-1
Luton
McGinn (17'), Diaby (49'), Lockyer (62' og.)
Zaniolo (28'), Cash (51'), Kamara (71')
Martinez (83' og.)
Kabore (53'), Doughty (75')
Aug 10, 2016 7.45pm
Round One
Luton
3-1
Aston Villa
Gray (35'), McGeehan (53'), Okore (66' og.)
Lee (80'), Hylton (90')
Ayew (13')
McCormack (17'), Ayew (43')
Jul 23, 2013 7.45pm
Pre-season Friendlies
Luton
2-0
Aston Villa
Shaw (23'), Howells (78')
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1Manchester CityMan City32227376324473
2Arsenal32225575264971
3Liverpool32218372314171
4Aston Villa33196868491963
5Tottenham HotspurSpurs32186865491660
6Newcastle UnitedNewcastle321551269521750
7Manchester UnitedMan Utd32155124748-150
8West Ham UnitedWest Ham33139115258-648
9Chelsea31138106152947
10Brighton & Hove AlbionBrighton321111105250244
11Wolverhampton WanderersWolves32127134651-543
12Fulham33126154951-242
13Bournemouth32119124757-1042
14Crystal Palace3289153754-1733
15Brentford3388174758-1132
16Everton3298153248-1627
17Nottingham ForestNott'm Forest3379174258-1626
18Luton TownLuton3367204670-2425
19Burnley3348213368-3520
20Sheffield UnitedSheff Utd3237223084-5416


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!