MX23RW : Monday, May 27 10:35:37| >> :300:86500:86500:
Arsenal logo
Aston Villa logo
Bournemouth logo
Brentford logo
Brighton logo
Burnley logo
Chelsea logo
Crystal Palace logo
Everton logo
Fulham logo
Liverpool logo
Luton Town
Manchester City logo
Manchester United logo
Newcastle logo
Nottingham Forest logo
Sheffield United logo
Spurs logo
West Ham logo
Wolves logo
Everton logo
Premier League | Gameweek 21
Jan 14, 2024 at 2pm UK
Goodison Park
Aston Villa logo

Everton
0 - 0
Aston Villa


Tarkowski (73')
FT

Watkins (31'), Carlos (48'), Lenglet (73'), Tielemans (75')

The Match

Match Report

Aston Villa manager Unai Emery oversees his first-ever goalless draw in the Premier League as Everton frustrate the Lions in Sunday's Goodison Park showdown.

Preview

Sports Mole previews Sunday's Premier League clash between Everton and Aston Villa, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Aston Villa win with a probability of 45.57%. A win for Everton had a probability of 29.64% and a draw had a probability of 24.8%.

The most likely scoreline for an Aston Villa win was 0-1 with a probability of 9.52%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 1-2 (9.25%) and 0-2 (7.53%). The likeliest Everton win was 1-0 (7.39%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (11.69%). The actual scoreline of 0-0 was predicted with a 6% likelihood.

Result
EvertonDrawAston Villa
29.64% (0.099999999999998 0.1) 24.78% (0.027000000000001 0.03) 45.57% (-0.129 -0.13)
Both teams to score 56.18% (-0.027000000000001 -0.03)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
53.3% (-0.063000000000002 -0.06)46.69% (0.059000000000005 0.06)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
31.04% (-0.059999999999999 -0.06)68.96% (0.055999999999997 0.06)
Everton Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
70.72% (0.036999999999992 0.04)29.27% (-0.039999999999999 -0.04)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
34.76% (0.045999999999999 0.05)65.23% (-0.049999999999997 -0.05)
Aston Villa Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
79.44% (-0.082000000000008 -0.08)20.56% (0.077999999999999 0.08)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
46.92% (-0.129 -0.13)53.07% (0.124 0.12)
Score Analysis
    Everton 29.64%
    Aston Villa 45.57%
    Draw 24.78%
EvertonDrawAston Villa
1-0 @ 7.39% (0.026000000000001 0.03)
2-1 @ 7.18% (0.017 0.02)
2-0 @ 4.54% (0.021000000000001 0.02)
3-1 @ 2.94% (0.01 0.01)
3-2 @ 2.33% (0.0019999999999998 0)
3-0 @ 1.86% (0.01 0.01)
4-1 @ 0.9% (0.004 0)
Other @ 2.5%
Total : 29.64%
1-1 @ 11.69% (0.0099999999999998 0.01)
0-0 @ 6.02% (0.015000000000001 0.02)
2-2 @ 5.68% (-0.00099999999999945 -0)
3-3 @ 1.23% (-0.002 -0)
Other @ 0.16%
Total : 24.78%
0-1 @ 9.52% (0.00099999999999945 0)
1-2 @ 9.25% (-0.011000000000001 -0.01)
0-2 @ 7.53% (-0.018 -0.02)
1-3 @ 4.88% (-0.018 -0.02)
0-3 @ 3.97% (-0.019 -0.02)
2-3 @ 3% (-0.008 -0.01)
1-4 @ 1.93% (-0.012 -0.01)
0-4 @ 1.57% (-0.012 -0.01)
2-4 @ 1.19% (-0.006 -0.01)
Other @ 2.74%
Total : 45.57%

How you voted: Everton vs Aston Villa

Everton
23.7%
Draw
13.4%
Aston Villa
62.9%
186
Head to Head
Sep 27, 2023 7.45pm
Third Round
Aston Villa
1-2
Everton
Kamara (83')
Watkins (46'), Digne (74'), Konsa (79'), Luiz (90+4')
Garner (15'), Calvert-Lewin (50')
Patterson (48'), Tarkowski (66'), McNeil (90+4')
Aug 20, 2023 2pm
Gameweek 2
Aston Villa
4-0
Everton
McGinn (18'), Luiz (24' pen.), Bailey (51'), Duran (75')
Luiz (14'), Digne (33'), Archer (89')

Pickford (24'), Keane (45+4'), Gueye (45+9'), Patterson (86')
Feb 25, 2023 3pm
Gameweek 25
Everton
0-2
Aston Villa
Watkins (63' pen.), Buendia (81')
Aug 13, 2022 12.30pm
Gameweek 2
Aston Villa
2-1
Everton
Ings (31'), Buendia (85')
Coutinho (29'), Digne (49'), Ings (75'), Young (90+8')
Digne (87' og.)
Davies (43')
Jan 22, 2022 12.30pm
Gameweek 23
Everton
0-1
Aston Villa

Gomes (45+1'), Calvert-Lewin (50'), Mina (58'), Allan (82'), Godfrey (83')
Buendia (45+3')
Martinez (69'), Cash (75'), Mings (86'), Ings (90+3')
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
CManchester CityMan City38287396346291
2Arsenal38285591296289
3Liverpool382410486414582
4Aston Villa382081076611568
5Tottenham HotspurSpurs382061274611366
6Chelsea381891177631463
7Newcastle UnitedNewcastle381861485622360
8Manchester UnitedMan Utd38186145758-160
9West Ham UnitedWest Ham381410146074-1452
10Crystal Palace381310155758-149
11Brighton & Hove AlbionBrighton381212145562-748
12Bournemouth38139165467-1348
13Fulham38138175561-647
14Wolverhampton WanderersWolves38137185065-1546
15Everton38139164051-1140
16Brentford38109195665-939
17Nottingham ForestNott'm Forest3899204967-1832
RLuton TownLuton3868245285-3326
RBurnley3859244178-3724
RSheffield UnitedSheff Utd38372835104-6916


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!