MX23RW : Friday, April 19 21:02:22| >> :600:1037112:1037112:
Blackpool
EFL Trophy | Quarter-Finals
Jan 30, 2024 at 7pm UK
Bloomfield Road
Bolton logo

Blackpool
0 - 0
Bolton


Connolly (27')
FT

Santos (5'), Thomason (87')
Blackpool win 5-4 on penalties

The Match

Preview

Sports Mole previews Tuesday's EFL Trophy clash between Blackpool and Bolton Wanderers, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Blackpool 1-1 Charlton
Saturday, January 27 at 3pm in League One

We said: Blackpool 1-2 Bolton Wanderers

While we expect Tuesday's fixture to be a close-fought contest, we think that Bolton will draw upon their success in November's meeting with Blackpool to claim a narrow victory and secure their place in the semi-finals. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Blackpool win with a probability of 37.56%. A win for Bolton Wanderers had a probability of 37.24% and a draw had a probability of 25.2%.

The most likely scoreline for a Blackpool win was 1-0 with a probability of 8.45%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 2-1 (8.37%) and 2-0 (5.96%). The likeliest Bolton Wanderers win was 0-1 (8.41%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (11.86%). The actual scoreline of 0-0 was predicted with a 6% likelihood.

Result
BlackpoolDrawBolton Wanderers
37.56% (-0.078000000000003 -0.08) 25.2% (-0.038999999999998 -0.04) 37.24% (0.122 0.12)
Both teams to score 57.03% (0.151 0.15)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
53.4% (0.192 0.19)46.59% (-0.19 -0.19)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
31.13% (0.18 0.18)68.86% (-0.176 -0.18)
Blackpool Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
75.61% (0.045999999999992 0.05)24.39% (-0.042999999999999 -0.04)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
41.19% (0.062000000000005 0.06)58.8% (-0.060000000000002 -0.06)
Bolton Wanderers Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
75.43% (0.157 0.16)24.56% (-0.153 -0.15)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
40.95% (0.217 0.22)59.05% (-0.21400000000001 -0.21)
Score Analysis
    Blackpool 37.56%
    Bolton Wanderers 37.24%
    Draw 25.2%
BlackpoolDrawBolton Wanderers
1-0 @ 8.45% (-0.057 -0.06)
2-1 @ 8.37% (-0.0080000000000009 -0.01)
2-0 @ 5.96% (-0.032 -0.03)
3-1 @ 3.94% (0.0010000000000003 0)
3-0 @ 2.81% (-0.012 -0.01)
3-2 @ 2.76% (0.013 0.01)
4-1 @ 1.39% (0.002 0)
4-0 @ 0.99% (-0.003 -0)
4-2 @ 0.98% (0.006 0.01)
Other @ 1.91%
Total : 37.56%
1-1 @ 11.86% (-0.030000000000001 -0.03)
0-0 @ 5.99% (-0.048 -0.05)
2-2 @ 5.88% (0.02 0.02)
3-3 @ 1.29% (0.012 0.01)
Other @ 0.17%
Total : 25.2%
0-1 @ 8.41% (-0.030000000000001 -0.03)
1-2 @ 8.33% (0.017999999999999 0.02)
0-2 @ 5.9% (0.0049999999999999 0)
1-3 @ 3.9% (0.026 0.03)
0-3 @ 2.76% (0.015 0.01)
2-3 @ 2.75% (0.021 0.02)
1-4 @ 1.37% (0.015 0.02)
0-4 @ 0.97% (0.01 0.01)
2-4 @ 0.97% (0.011 0.01)
Other @ 1.88%
Total : 37.24%

How you voted: Blackpool vs Bolton

Blackpool
29.3%
Draw
12.2%
Bolton Wanderers
58.5%
41
Head to Head
Nov 11, 2023 3pm
Gameweek 17
Bolton
1-0
Blackpool
Thomason (74')
Sheehan (21'), Evatt (22'), Maghoma (36'), Baxter (77'), Cogley (78'), Santos (80')

Thompson (57')
Feb 25, 2020 7.45pm
Gameweek 26
Blackpool
2-1
Bolton
Ronan (13'), Dewsbury-Hall (90')
Husband (74'), Dewsbury-Hall (90')
Bryan (88')
Hamilton (33'), Murphy (66')
Oct 7, 2019 8pm
Gameweek 12
Bolton
0-0
Blackpool
Verlinden (44')
Heneghan (44')
Aug 9, 2016 7.45pm
Round One
Blackpool
4-2
Bolton
Mellor (74'), Potts (78'), McAlister (109'), Herron (115')
Potts (73')
Proctor (45'), Woolery (95')
Davies (84')
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1Manchester CityMan City32227376324473
2Arsenal32225575264971
3Liverpool32218372314171
4Aston Villa33196868491963
5Tottenham HotspurSpurs32186865491660
6Newcastle UnitedNewcastle321551269521750
7Manchester UnitedMan Utd32155124748-150
8West Ham UnitedWest Ham33139115258-648
9Chelsea31138106152947
10Brighton & Hove AlbionBrighton321111105250244
11Wolverhampton WanderersWolves32127134651-543
12Fulham33126154951-242
13Bournemouth32119124757-1042
14Crystal Palace3289153754-1733
15Brentford3388174758-1132
16Everton3298153248-1627
17Nottingham ForestNott'm Forest3379174258-1626
18Luton TownLuton3367204670-2425
19Burnley3348213368-3520
20Sheffield UnitedSheff Utd3237223084-5416


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!