MX23RW : Monday, April 15 15:00:37| >> :300:86500:86500:
AZ Alkmaar
Ajax
FC Twente logo
FC Utrecht
FC Volendam
Feyenoord
Fortuna Sittard
Go Ahead Eagles
Heerenveen
Heracles Almelo
NEC
PEC Zwolle
PSV
Waalwijk logo
Excelsior
Sparta Rotterdam logo
Vitesse
FC Volendam
Eredivisie | Gameweek 24
Mar 1, 2024 at 7pm UK
Kras Stadion
NEC

Volendam
2 - 5
Nijmegen

Semedo (49'), Booth (86')
de Haan (89'), Flint (90+3')
FT(HT: 0-3)
Hansen (11'), Sano (31'), Sow (41'), Rober (78'), Olden Larsen (90')
Baas (61'), Rober (90+1')

The Match

Preview

Sports Mole previews Friday's Eredivisie clash between FC Volendam and NEC, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Volendam 0-4 Heerenveen
Sunday, February 25 at 7pm in Eredivisie
Last Game: Cambuur 1-2 Nijmegen
Tuesday, February 27 at 7pm in KNVB Beker

We said: FC Volendam 0-2 NEC

Despite a change in the managerial hotseat, Volendam are showing no signs of revival, and it is hard to bet against them suffering defeat once again on Friday. NEC will be buoyed following their KNVB Cup semi-final success on Tuesday night, and we believe that Nijmegen will be able to successfully navigate the quick turnaround to collect maximum points at Kras Stadion. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a NEC win with a probability of 57.04%. A draw had a probability of 21.6% and a win for FC Volendam had a probability of 21.35%.

The most likely scoreline for a NEC win was 1-2 with a probability of 9.88%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 0-1 (8.79%) and 0-2 (8.71%). The likeliest drawn scoreline was 1-1 (9.97%), while for a FC Volendam win it was 2-1 (5.65%). The actual scoreline of 2-5 was predicted with a 0.7% likelihood. Our team at Sports Mole and our data analysis both correctly predicted that NEC would win this match.

Result
FC VolendamDrawNEC
21.35% (-0.032 -0.03) 21.61% (0.142 0.14) 57.04% (-0.11000000000001 -0.11)
Both teams to score 58.47% (-0.549 -0.55)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
60.21% (-0.705 -0.7)39.79% (0.706 0.71)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
37.86% (-0.734 -0.73)62.14% (0.734 0.73)
FC Volendam Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
67.81% (-0.42699999999999 -0.43)32.19% (0.428 0.43)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
31.32% (-0.488 -0.49)68.68% (0.48899999999999 0.49)
NEC Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
86.21% (-0.265 -0.27)13.78% (0.265 0.26)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
58.9% (-0.532 -0.53)41.1% (0.531 0.53)
Score Analysis
    FC Volendam 21.35%
    NEC 57.04%
    Draw 21.61%
FC VolendamDrawNEC
2-1 @ 5.65% (-0.0019999999999998 -0)
1-0 @ 5.03% (0.105 0.11)
2-0 @ 2.85% (0.027 0.03)
3-1 @ 2.14% (-0.025 -0.03)
3-2 @ 2.12% (-0.047 -0.05)
3-0 @ 1.08% (-0.0030000000000001 -0)
Other @ 2.49%
Total : 21.35%
1-1 @ 9.97% (0.113 0.11)
2-2 @ 5.6% (-0.058 -0.06)
0-0 @ 4.44% (0.144 0.14)
3-3 @ 1.4% (-0.045 -0.04)
Other @ 0.22%
Total : 21.61%
1-2 @ 9.88% (0.015000000000001 0.02)
0-1 @ 8.79% (0.201 0.2)
0-2 @ 8.71% (0.115 0.12)
1-3 @ 6.52% (-0.054 -0.05)
0-3 @ 5.75% (0.018999999999999 0.02)
2-3 @ 3.7% (-0.075 -0.07)
1-4 @ 3.23% (-0.059 -0.06)
0-4 @ 2.85% (-0.018 -0.02)
2-4 @ 1.83% (-0.055 -0.05)
1-5 @ 1.28% (-0.036 -0.04)
0-5 @ 1.13% (-0.018 -0.02)
Other @ 3.36%
Total : 57.04%

How you voted: Volendam vs Nijmegen

FC Volendam
19.2%
Draw
11.5%
NEC
69.2%
52
Head to Head
Nov 5, 2023 1.30pm
Gameweek 11
Nijmegen
3-3
Volendam
Ogawa (6', 90+8'), Mattsson (90+1' pen.)
Tavsan (8'), Mattsson (41'), Schone (86')
Tavsan (38')
Muhren (34'), De Haan (78'), Twigt (90+6')
Twigt (87'), Backhaus (90')
Feb 25, 2023 8pm
Gameweek 23
Nijmegen
3-0
Volendam
Marquez (57'), Dimata (66'), Marques (90+1')
Aug 14, 2022 11.15am
Gameweek 2
Volendam
1-4
Nijmegen
Van Mieghem (11')
van Mieghem (34'), Eiting (57')
Tavsan (17'), Tannane (19'), Duelund (76'), Bruijn (90')
Mar 15, 2021 7pm
Gameweek 30
Nijmegen
1-0
Volendam
Tavsan (20')
Barreto (64')

Betti (61'), Kruiver (75')
Sep 15, 2020 8pm
Gameweek 2
Volendam
1-3
Nijmegen
Kaars (90+3')
Tavsan (23'), Janga (27', 90+4')
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1PSV EindhovenPSV30263195177881
2Feyenoord30226277235472
3FC Twente30186656302660
4AZ AlkmaarAZ30167759352455
5Ajax3013986356748
6NECNijmegen301211759441547
7FC UtrechtUtrecht3012994341245
8Go Ahead Eagles30119104439542
9Sparta RotterdamSparta30117124543240
10Heerenveen30106145056-636
11Fortuna SittardSittard3098133452-1835
12Almere CityAlmere City30712113048-1833
13PEC Zwolle3088144058-1832
14Heracles3095164062-2232
15SBV ExcelsiorExcelsior30510154464-2025
16RKC WaalwijkRKC Waalwijk3066182950-2124
17FC VolendamVolendam3047193074-4419
18Vitesse3045212268-4617


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!