MX23RW : Saturday, June 22 20:08:21| >> :300:86500:86500:
AZ Alkmaar
Ajax
FC Twente logo
FC Utrecht
FC Volendam
Feyenoord
Fortuna Sittard
Go Ahead Eagles
Heerenveen
Heracles Almelo
NEC
PEC Zwolle
PSV
Waalwijk logo
Excelsior
Sparta Rotterdam logo
Vitesse
Feyenoord
Eredivisie | Gameweek 12
Nov 12, 2023 at 3.45pm UK
Stadion Feijenoord
AZ Alkmaar

Feyenoord
1 - 0
AZ

Maduro (24')
Maduro (44'), Zerrouki (86')
FT(HT: 1-0)

The Match

Preview

Sports Mole previews Sunday's Eredivisie clash between Feyenoord and AZ Alkmaar, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Lazio 1-0 Feyenoord
Tuesday, November 7 at 8pm in Champions League
Last Game: Aston Villa 2-1 AZ
Thursday, November 9 at 8pm in Europa Conference League

We said: Feyenoord 3-2 AZ Alkmaar

With Feyenoord and AZ having only one Eredivisie defeat between them so far this term, it is extremely difficult to predict the outcome as two of the division's top performers meet. Slot's men have been almost perfect on their own patch in 2023-24, and we feel that home comforts - coupled with two days of extra rest compared to Alkmaar - will lead to victory for the hosts on Sunday. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Feyenoord win with a probability of 62.66%. A draw had a probability of 20.4% and a win for AZ Alkmaar had a probability of 16.94%.

The most likely scoreline for a Feyenoord win was 2-0 with a probability of 10.14%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 2-1 (9.94%) and 1-0 (9.77%). The likeliest drawn scoreline was 1-1 (9.57%), while for an AZ Alkmaar win it was 1-2 (4.69%). The actual scoreline of 1-0 was predicted with a 9.8% likelihood. Our team at Sports Mole and our data analysis both correctly predicted that Feyenoord would win this match.

Result
FeyenoordDrawAZ Alkmaar
62.66% (0.245 0.24) 20.4% (-0.041999999999998 -0.04) 16.94% (-0.205 -0.2)
Both teams to score 54.63% (-0.296 -0.3)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
58.94% (-0.18 -0.18)41.05% (0.179 0.18)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
36.55% (-0.185 -0.19)63.44% (0.181 0.18)
Feyenoord Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
87.47% (0.013999999999996 0.01)12.53% (-0.015000000000001 -0.02)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
61.45% (0.030000000000001 0.03)38.55% (-0.030999999999999 -0.03)
AZ Alkmaar Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
62.46% (-0.351 -0.35)37.54% (0.349 0.35)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
25.68% (-0.346 -0.35)74.32% (0.34399999999999 0.34)
Score Analysis
    Feyenoord 62.65%
    AZ Alkmaar 16.94%
    Draw 20.4%
FeyenoordDrawAZ Alkmaar
2-0 @ 10.14% (0.09 0.09)
2-1 @ 9.94% (-0.0019999999999989 -0)
1-0 @ 9.77% (0.085000000000001 0.09)
3-0 @ 7.03% (0.069 0.07)
3-1 @ 6.88% (0.0019999999999998 0)
4-0 @ 3.65% (0.038 0.04)
4-1 @ 3.58% (0.004 0)
3-2 @ 3.37% (-0.031 -0.03)
4-2 @ 1.75% (-0.015 -0.02)
5-0 @ 1.52% (0.017 0.02)
5-1 @ 1.49% (0.002 0)
Other @ 3.54%
Total : 62.65%
1-1 @ 9.57% (-0.0069999999999997 -0.01)
2-2 @ 4.87% (-0.047 -0.05)
0-0 @ 4.7% (0.038 0.04)
3-3 @ 1.1% (-0.021 -0.02)
Other @ 0.15%
Total : 20.4%
1-2 @ 4.69% (-0.048 -0.05)
0-1 @ 4.61% (-0.0069999999999997 -0.01)
0-2 @ 2.26% (-0.025 -0.02)
2-3 @ 1.59% (-0.031 -0.03)
1-3 @ 1.53% (-0.031 -0.03)
Other @ 2.27%
Total : 16.94%

How you voted: Feyenoord vs AZ

Feyenoord
63.2%
Draw
21.1%
AZ Alkmaar
15.8%
19
Head to Head
Feb 18, 2023 8pm
Gameweek 22
Feyenoord
2-1
AZ
Dilrosun (17' og.)
Oct 16, 2022 3.45pm
Gameweek 10
AZ
1-3
Feyenoord
Odgaard (26')
Kokcu (31' pen.), Szymanski (56'), Danilo (82')
Feb 27, 2022 11.15am
Gameweek 21
AZ
2-1
Feyenoord
Karlsson (19' pen., 30' pen.)
Martins Indi (26'), de Wit (38'), Clasie (77'), Wijndal (90+5'), Karlsson (90+6')
Geertruida (52')
Hendrix (18'), Kokcu (26'), Malacia (28')
Nov 7, 2021 3.45pm
Gameweek 11
Feyenoord
1-0
AZ
Dessers (90+1')

Wijndal (45+2'), Pavlidis (86')
Feb 28, 2021 3.45pm
Gameweek 24
AZ
4-2
Feyenoord
Boadu (22', 41', 64'), Koopmeiners (76' pen.)
Sugawara (9')
Senesi (8'), Sinisterra (25')
Linssen (47'), Botteghin (69'), Fer (75'), Berghuis (83')
rhs 2.0
Euro 2024 fixtures header
Sunday, June 23
 
8pm
Monday, June 24
 
8pm
 
8pm
Tuesday, June 25
 
5pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
 
8pm
Wednesday, June 26
 
5pm
 
5pm
 
8pm
 
8pm
Saturday, June 29
Sunday, June 30
Monday, July 1
Tuesday, July 2
Friday, July 5
Saturday, July 6
Tuesday, July 9
Wednesday, July 10
Sunday, July 14
Tables header RHS

Group A

TeamPWDLPTS
Q Germany Germany22006
2 Switzerland Switzerland21104
3 Scotland flag Scotland20111
4 Hungary Hungary20020

Group B

TeamPWDLPTS
Q Spain Spain22006
2 Italy Italy21013
3 Albania national flag Albania20111
4 Croatia Croatia20111

Group C

TeamPWDLPTS
1 England flag England21104
2 Denmark Denmark20202
3 Slovenia Slovenia20202
4 Serbia Serbia20111

Group D

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Netherlands Netherlands21104
2 France France21104
3 Austria Austria21013
4 Poland Poland20020

Group E

TeamPWDLPTS
1 Romania Romania11003
2 Ukraine Ukraine21013
3 Slovakia Slovakia21013
4 Belgium Belgium10010

Group F

TeamPWDLPTS
Q Portugal Portugal22006
2 Turkey Turkey21013
3 Czech Republic Czech Republic20111
4 Georgia Georgia20111


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!