MX23RW : Monday, April 15 15:54:00| >> :300:86500:86500:
Welsh Premier League | Gameweek 4
Mar 1, 2024 at 7.45pm UK
The Oval
Newtown logo

Caernarfon
1 - 0
Newtown

Gosset (37')
FT(HT: 1-0)

Sutton (90+5')
Coverage of the Welsh Premier League clash between Caernarfon Town and Newtown AFC.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Caernarfon 1-8 New Saints
Friday, February 23 at 7.45pm in Welsh Premier League
Last Game: Newtown 1-5 Bala Town
Saturday, February 24 at 2.30pm in Welsh Premier League

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Newtown AFC win with a probability of 39.18%. A win for Caernarfon Town had a probability of 37.62% and a draw had a probability of 23.2%.

The most likely scoreline for a Newtown AFC win was 1-2 with a probability of 8.41%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 0-1 (6.34%) and 0-2 (5.22%). The likeliest Caernarfon Town win was 2-1 (8.22%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (10.21%). The actual scoreline of 1-0 was predicted with a 6.2% likelihood.

Result
Caernarfon TownDrawNewtown AFC
37.62% (0.595 0.59) 23.19% (0.165 0.16) 39.18% (-0.764 -0.76)
Both teams to score 64.59% (-0.60000000000001 -0.6)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
63.18% (-0.8 -0.8)36.82% (0.794 0.79)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
41.01% (-0.872 -0.87)58.99% (0.867 0.87)
Caernarfon Town Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
80.01% (-0.072000000000003 -0.07)19.99% (0.067 0.07)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
47.83% (-0.114 -0.11)52.17% (0.10899999999999 0.11)
Newtown AFC Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
80.73% (-0.68000000000001 -0.68)19.27% (0.676 0.68)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
49% (-1.132 -1.13)51% (1.128 1.13)
Score Analysis
    Caernarfon Town 37.62%
    Newtown AFC 39.18%
    Draw 23.19%
Caernarfon TownDrawNewtown AFC
2-1 @ 8.22% (0.11 0.11)
1-0 @ 6.2% (0.225 0.23)
2-0 @ 4.99% (0.172 0.17)
3-1 @ 4.41% (0.051 0.05)
3-2 @ 3.63% (-0.037 -0.04)
3-0 @ 2.68% (0.087 0.09)
4-1 @ 1.78% (0.017 0.02)
4-2 @ 1.46% (-0.018 -0.02)
4-0 @ 1.08% (0.032 0.03)
Other @ 3.17%
Total : 37.62%
1-1 @ 10.21% (0.16 0.16)
2-2 @ 6.77% (-0.055000000000001 -0.06)
0-0 @ 3.85% (0.148 0.15)
3-3 @ 1.99% (-0.064 -0.06)
Other @ 0.37%
Total : 23.19%
1-2 @ 8.41% (-0.050000000000001 -0.05)
0-1 @ 6.34% (0.111 0.11)
0-2 @ 5.22% (-0.02 -0.02)
1-3 @ 4.62% (-0.128 -0.13)
2-3 @ 3.72% (-0.112 -0.11)
0-3 @ 2.87% (-0.074 -0.07)
1-4 @ 1.9% (-0.095 -0.1)
2-4 @ 1.53% (-0.08 -0.08)
0-4 @ 1.18% (-0.057 -0.06)
Other @ 3.41%
Total : 39.18%

Head to Head
Oct 7, 2023 2.30pm
Gameweek 11
Newtown
4-0
Caernarfon
Williams (40', 45+3', 71'), Sears (85')
Evans (51'), Sutton (57'), Cowans (73'), Sears (77'), Mills-Evans (89'), Jones (90+3')

Donohue (90+5')
Aug 18, 2023 7.45pm
Gameweek 2
Caernarfon
2-1
Newtown
Mooney (40'), Lloyd (90+1')
Clarke (45+4'), Davies (53'), Mooney (60'), Thomas (84')
Davies (82')
Williams (90+10')
Evans (18'), Roberts (68'), Ismail (80'), Boakye (84')
Dec 2, 2022 7.45pm
Gameweek 16
Caernarfon
2-3
Newtown
O'Rourke (30'), Edwards (62')
Robles (8'), Williams (27'), Rushton (53')
Aug 30, 2022 7.45pm
Gameweek 4
Newtown
2-1
Caernarfon
Rushton (3'), Williams (23')
Wynne (55')
Williams (49'), Wynne (73')
Oct 23, 2021 5.15pm
Gameweek 10
Newtown
1-0
Caernarfon
Mwandwe (45+2')
Roberts (45'), (88'), Jones (90+5')

Hughes (40'), Edwards (42'), John Williams (58'), Jones (88'), Evans (90+1')
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
Championship Round
1The New SaintsNew Saints9900115189789
2Connah's Quay NomadsConnah's Quay933370412959
3Bala TownBala Town93423629750
4Newtown AFCNewtown92254645141
5Caernarfon TownCaernarfon92345068-1840
6Cardiff MUCardiff MU91263460-2639
Relegation Round
1Haverfordwest CountyHaverfordwest94323939043
2Pen-y-BontPen-y-Bont95314537840
3Barry Town UnitedBarry91623653-1732
4Aberystwyth TownAberystwyth92342457-3324
5Pontypridd Town AFCPontypridd93333669-3322
6Colwyn Bay92253366-3322
 
Regular Season
1The New SaintsNew Saints22202077146362
2Connah's Quay NomadsConnah's Quay22152559293047
3Bala TownBala Town2210752520537
4Cardiff MUCardiff MU229762839-1134
5Newtown AFCNewtown2210393531433
6Caernarfon TownCaernarfon229494041-131
7Haverfordwest CountyHaverfordwest227782933-428
8Pen-y-BontPen-y-Bont2284102832-425
9Barry Town UnitedBarry2265112741-1423
10Aberystwyth TownAberystwyth2243151846-2815
11Colwyn Bay2242162749-2214
12Pontypridd Town AFCPontypridd2254131331-1813


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!