MX23RW : Tuesday, May 28 07:43:46| >> :300:86500:86500:
Arsenal logo
Aston Villa logo
Bournemouth logo
Brentford logo
Brighton logo
Burnley logo
Chelsea logo
Crystal Palace logo
Everton logo
Fulham logo
Liverpool logo
Luton Town
Manchester City logo
Manchester United logo
Newcastle logo
Nottingham Forest logo
Sheffield United logo
Spurs logo
West Ham logo
Wolves logo
Brighton logo
Premier League | Gameweek 23
Feb 3, 2024 at 3pm UK
The American Express Community Stadium
Crystal Palace logo

Brighton
4 - 1
Crystal Palace

Dunk (3'), Hinshelwood (33'), Buonanotte (34'), Pedro (85')
De Zerbi (7'), Welbeck (90+2')
FT(HT: 3-0)
Mateta (71')
Guehi (16'), Franca (59'), Munoz (62')

The Match

Match Report

Brighton & Hove Albion pile the pressure on Roy Hodgson with a 4-1 drubbing of M23 derby rivals Crystal Palace in the Premier League.

Preview

Sports Mole previews Saturday's Premier League clash between Brighton & Hove Albion and Crystal Palace, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: Luton 4-0 Brighton
Tuesday, January 30 at 7.45pm in Premier League

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Brighton & Hove Albion win with a probability of 72.34%. A draw had a probability of 16.4% and a win for Crystal Palace had a probability of 11.25%.

The most likely scoreline for a Brighton & Hove Albion win was 2-0 with a probability of 10.83%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 2-1 (9.41%) and 3-0 (8.9%). The likeliest drawn scoreline was 1-1 (7.64%), while for a Crystal Palace win it was 1-2 (3.32%). The actual scoreline of 4-1 was predicted with a 4.8% likelihood. Our team at Sports Mole and our data analysis both correctly predicted that Brighton & Hove Albion would win this match.

Result
Brighton & Hove AlbionDrawCrystal Palace
72.34% (0.881 0.88) 16.42% (-0.292 -0.29) 11.25% (-0.591 -0.59)
Both teams to score 53.1% (-1.011 -1.01)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
64.7% (-0.276 -0.28)35.3% (0.272 0.27)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
42.68% (-0.307 -0.31)57.32% (0.304 0.3)
Brighton & Hove Albion Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
91.49% (0.125 0.13)8.51% (-0.127 -0.13)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
70.51% (0.309 0.31)29.48% (-0.312 -0.31)
Crystal Palace Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
58.04% (-1.186 -1.19)41.95% (1.183 1.18)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
21.6% (-1.048 -1.05)78.39% (1.044 1.04)
Score Analysis
    Brighton & Hove Albion 72.33%
    Crystal Palace 11.25%
    Draw 16.42%
Brighton & Hove AlbionDrawCrystal Palace
2-0 @ 10.83% (0.27 0.27)
2-1 @ 9.41% (-0.062000000000001 -0.06)
3-0 @ 8.9% (0.28 0.28)
1-0 @ 8.8% (0.173 0.17)
3-1 @ 7.73% (-0.0040000000000004 -0)
4-0 @ 5.48% (0.204 0.2)
4-1 @ 4.76% (0.026999999999999 0.03)
3-2 @ 3.36% (-0.113 -0.11)
5-0 @ 2.7% (0.116 0.12)
5-1 @ 2.35% (0.027 0.03)
4-2 @ 2.07% (-0.056 -0.06)
6-0 @ 1.11% (0.054 0.05)
5-2 @ 1.02% (-0.021 -0.02)
6-1 @ 0.96% (0.016 0.02)
Other @ 2.85%
Total : 72.33%
1-1 @ 7.64% (-0.097 -0.1)
2-2 @ 4.09% (-0.163 -0.16)
0-0 @ 3.57% (0.049 0.05)
3-3 @ 0.97% (-0.066 -0.07)
Other @ 0.14%
Total : 16.42%
1-2 @ 3.32% (-0.153 -0.15)
0-1 @ 3.1% (-0.058 -0.06)
0-2 @ 1.35% (-0.071 -0.07)
2-3 @ 1.18% (-0.087 -0.09)
1-3 @ 0.96% (-0.077 -0.08)
Other @ 1.33%
Total : 11.25%

How you voted: Brighton vs Crystal Palace

Brighton & Hove Albion
53.8%
Draw
25.8%
Crystal Palace
20.3%
182
Head to Head
Dec 21, 2023 8pm
Gameweek 18
Crystal Palace
1-1
Brighton
Ayew (45+1')
Mateta (29'), Hughes (50'), Mitchell (54'), Ozoh (85'), Henderson (90')
Welbeck (82')
Balepa (31'), Julio (57')
Mar 15, 2023 7.30pm
Feb 11, 2023 3pm
Jan 14, 2022 8pm
Gameweek 22
Brighton
1-1
Crystal Palace
Andersen (87' og.)
Gallagher (69')
Eze (44'), Hughes (61')
Sep 27, 2021 8pm
Gameweek 6
Crystal Palace
1-1
Brighton
Zaha (45+2' pen.)
Gallagher (84'), McArthur (90+7')
Maupay (90+5')
Lallana (28'), Cucurella (77'), Trossard (81'), Sanchez (90+7')
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS
TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
CManchester CityMan City38287396346291
2Arsenal38285591296289
3Liverpool382410486414582
4Aston Villa382081076611568
5Tottenham HotspurSpurs382061274611366
6Chelsea381891177631463
7Newcastle UnitedNewcastle381861485622360
8Manchester UnitedMan Utd38186145758-160
9West Ham UnitedWest Ham381410146074-1452
10Crystal Palace381310155758-149
11Brighton & Hove AlbionBrighton381212145562-748
12Bournemouth38139165467-1348
13Fulham38138175561-647
14Wolverhampton WanderersWolves38137185065-1546
15Everton38139164051-1140
16Brentford38109195665-939
17Nottingham ForestNott'm Forest3899204967-1832
RLuton TownLuton3868245285-3326
RBurnley3859244178-3724
RSheffield UnitedSheff Utd38372835104-6916


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!