MX23RW : Wednesday, July 17 15:24:47| >> :300:86500:86500:
Atlanta United
Austin FC
Montreal Impact
Charlotte FC
Chicago Fire
Colorado Rapids
Columbus Crew
DC United
FC Dallas
FC Cincinnati
Houston Dynamo
Inter Miami
Los Angeles FC
LA Galaxy
Minnesota United
Nashville
New England Revolution
New York City
New York Red Bulls
Orlando City
Philadelphia Union
Portland Timbers
Real Salt Lake
San Jose Earthquakes
Seattle Sounders
Sporting Kansas
St Louis City
Toronto FC
Vancouver Whitecaps
Toronto FC
Major League Soccer
Jun 16, 2024 at 12.30am UK
BMO Field
Chicago Fire

Toronto
1 - 4
Chicago Fire

Insigne (44')
FT(HT: 1-1)
Haile-Selassie (41'), Cuypers (57'), Pineda (60'), Arigoni (89')

The Match

Preview

Sports Mole previews Saturday's Major League Soccer clash between Toronto and Chicago Fire, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: DC United 2-2 Toronto
Sunday, June 2 at 12.30am in Major League Soccer
Last Game: Chicago Fire 2-1 LA Galaxy
Sunday, June 2 at 1.30am in Major League Soccer

We said: Toronto 2-1 Chicago Fire

Toronto could be missing some solid contributors, but they are facing a Chicago side that look out of sync and unorganised behind the ball, which is why we believe the Reds will return to winning ways. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a Toronto win with a probability of 51.03%. A win for Chicago Fire had a probability of 25.88% and a draw had a probability of 23.1%.

The most likely scoreline for a Toronto win was 2-1 with a probability of 9.65%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 1-0 (8.73%) and 2-0 (7.88%). The likeliest Chicago Fire win was 1-2 (6.54%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (10.68%). The actual scoreline of 1-4 was predicted with a 0.8% likelihood.

Result
TorontoDrawChicago Fire
51.03% (0.796 0.8) 23.09% (-0.0080000000000027 -0.01) 25.88% (-0.785 -0.79)
Both teams to score 58.97% (-0.714 -0.71)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
58.32% (-0.61199999999999 -0.61)41.68% (0.615 0.62)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
35.92% (-0.62 -0.62)64.08% (0.625 0.63)
Toronto Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
83.56% (0.065000000000012 0.07)16.44% (-0.061 -0.06)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
53.88% (0.114 0.11)46.12% (-0.11 -0.11)
Chicago Fire Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
70.57% (-0.90900000000001 -0.91)29.43% (0.913 0.91)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
34.58% (-1.127 -1.13)65.42% (1.132 1.13)
Score Analysis
    Toronto 51.03%
    Chicago Fire 25.88%
    Draw 23.08%
TorontoDrawChicago Fire
2-1 @ 9.65% (0.061999999999999 0.06)
1-0 @ 8.73% (0.257 0.26)
2-0 @ 7.88% (0.247 0.25)
3-1 @ 5.8% (0.049 0.05)
3-0 @ 4.75% (0.159 0.16)
3-2 @ 3.55% (-0.061 -0.06)
4-1 @ 2.62% (0.028 0.03)
4-0 @ 2.14% (0.076 0.08)
4-2 @ 1.6% (-0.024 -0.02)
5-1 @ 0.95% (0.012 0.01)
Other @ 3.36%
Total : 51.03%
1-1 @ 10.68% (0.049999999999999 0.05)
2-2 @ 5.9% (-0.113 -0.11)
0-0 @ 4.84% (0.133 0.13)
3-3 @ 1.45% (-0.062 -0.06)
Other @ 0.22%
Total : 23.08%
1-2 @ 6.54% (-0.139 -0.14)
0-1 @ 5.92% (0.014 0.01)
0-2 @ 3.62% (-0.084 -0.08)
1-3 @ 2.67% (-0.127 -0.13)
2-3 @ 2.41% (-0.109 -0.11)
0-3 @ 1.48% (-0.073 -0.07)
Other @ 3.26%
Total : 25.88%

How you voted: Toronto vs Chicago Fire

Toronto
94.1%
Draw
0.0%
Chicago Fire
5.9%
17
Head to Head
Jul 16, 2023 1.30am
Jun 1, 2023 12.30am
Jul 14, 2022 1am
Chicago Fire
2-0
Toronto
Duran (4', 16')
Mueller (45+1'), Gutierrez (64')

O'Neill (34'), MacNaughton (37'), Criscito (65'), Nelson (90+4')
May 29, 2022 12am
Oct 3, 2021 9pm
Gameweek 38
Toronto
3-1
Chicago Fire
Delgado (44'), Gonzalez (56'), Soteldo (70')
Soteldo (9'), Laryea (89')
Beric (16')
Offor (87')
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS

Eastern Conference

TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1FC CincinnatiCincinnati23153543291448
2Inter MiamiInter Miami23145451371447
3Columbus Crew21126345192642
4New York Red BullsNY Red Bulls2391043728937
5New York City FCNY City2311393327636
6Charlotte FCCharlotte FC2310582724335
7Orlando City238693537-230
8Toronto2483133244-1227
9Nashville SCNashville236892633-726
10CF MontrealMontreal236893246-1426
11Atlanta UnitedAtlanta2366113133-224
12DC United2458113248-1623
13Chicago Fire2357112840-1222
14New England RevolutionNew England2171132141-2022
15Philadelphia UnionPhiladelphia2349103741-421

Western Conference

TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1Real Salt LakeSalt Lake23127448301843
2Los Angeles FCLos Angeles22134544291543
3Los Angeles GalaxyLA Galaxy24127544321243
4Colorado RapidsColorado2411584538738
5Portland TimbersPortland2410684839936
6Vancouver WhitecapsVancouver2210573830835
7Seattle SoundersSeattle239773226634
8Houston DynamoHouston228773027331
9Minnesota UnitedMinnesota Utd238693638-230
10Austin FCAustin238692532-730
11Dallas2375113437-326
12Sporting Kansas CityKansas2465133949-1023
13St Louis City2341093143-1222
14San Jose EarthquakesEarthquakes2342173158-2714


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!