MX23RW : Thursday, July 18 08:07:46| >> :300:86500:86500:
Atlanta United
Austin FC
Montreal Impact
Charlotte FC
Chicago Fire
Colorado Rapids
Columbus Crew
DC United
FC Dallas
FC Cincinnati
Houston Dynamo
Inter Miami
Los Angeles FC
LA Galaxy
Minnesota United
Nashville
New England Revolution
New York City
New York Red Bulls
Orlando City
Philadelphia Union
Portland Timbers
Real Salt Lake
San Jose Earthquakes
Seattle Sounders
Sporting Kansas
St Louis City
Toronto FC
Vancouver Whitecaps
San Jose Earthquakes
Major League Soccer
Jun 16, 2024 at 3.30am UK
Avaya Stadium
FC Cincinnati

Earthquakes
2 - 4
Cincinnati

Lopez (57'), Espinoza (72')
Lopez (90+4')
FT(HT: 0-0)
Bucha (54'), Kubo (78', 80', 87')
Kelsy (66')

The Match

Preview

Sports Mole previews Sunday's Major League Soccer clash between San Jose Earthquakes and FC Cincinnati, including predictions, team news and possible lineups.

Form, Standings, Stats

Last Game: NY City 5-1 Earthquakes
Saturday, June 1 at 12.30am in Major League Soccer
Last Game: Cincinnati 0-2 Nashville
Thursday, May 30 at 12.30am in Major League Soccer

We said: San Jose Earthquakes 1-2 FC Cincinnati

Given their respective league positions, it sounds inconceivable that San Jose have scored more goals than Cincinnati this term but the former have struggled massively at the back. We expect an open and end-to-end clash here with the visitors narrowly edging out their hosts to claim all three points in the end. Read more.

Data Analysis

Our analysis of all available data, including recent performances and player stats up until an hour before kickoff, suggested the most likely outcome of this match was a San Jose Earthquakes win with a probability of 42.94%. A win for FC Cincinnati had a probability of 32.67% and a draw had a probability of 24.4%.

The most likely scoreline for a San Jose Earthquakes win was 2-1 with a probability of 9%. The next most likely scorelines for that outcome were 1-0 (8.37%) and 2-0 (6.64%). The likeliest FC Cincinnati win was 1-2 (7.69%), while for a drawn scoreline it was 1-1 (11.34%). The actual scoreline of 2-4 was predicted with a 0.9% likelihood. Our team at Sports Mole correctly predicted that FC Cincinnati would win this match.

Result
San Jose EarthquakesDrawFC Cincinnati
42.94% (-0.058999999999997 -0.06) 24.39% (-0.011999999999997 -0.01) 32.67% (0.068999999999996 0.07)
Both teams to score 59.04% (0.061999999999998 0.06)
Goals
Over 2.5Under 2.5
56.39% (0.07 0.07)43.61% (-0.070999999999998 -0.07)
Over 3.5Under 3.5
34% (0.067999999999998 0.07)66% (-0.069000000000003 -0.07)
San Jose Earthquakes Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
79.55% (0.0019999999999953 0)20.44% (-0.0020000000000024 -0)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
47.1% (0.0050000000000026 0.01)52.89% (-0.0050000000000026 -0.01)
FC Cincinnati Goals
Over 0.5Under 0.5
74.21% (0.076999999999998 0.08)25.78% (-0.077999999999999 -0.08)
Over 1.5Under 1.5
39.27% (0.105 0.1)60.73% (-0.106 -0.11)
Score Analysis
    San Jose Earthquakes 42.94%
    FC Cincinnati 32.67%
    Draw 24.39%
San Jose EarthquakesDrawFC Cincinnati
2-1 @ 9% (-0.0069999999999997 -0.01)
1-0 @ 8.37% (-0.026 -0.03)
2-0 @ 6.64% (-0.018999999999999 -0.02)
3-1 @ 4.76% (-0.0030000000000001 -0)
3-0 @ 3.52% (-0.0099999999999998 -0.01)
3-2 @ 3.23% (0.0049999999999999 0)
4-1 @ 1.89% (-0.00099999999999989 -0)
4-0 @ 1.4% (-0.004 -0)
4-2 @ 1.28% (0.0030000000000001 0)
Other @ 2.85%
Total : 42.94%
1-1 @ 11.34% (-0.0099999999999998 -0.01)
2-2 @ 6.1% (0.0090000000000003 0.01)
0-0 @ 5.27% (-0.017 -0.02)
3-3 @ 1.46% (0.006 0.01)
Other @ 0.21%
Total : 24.39%
1-2 @ 7.69% (0.011 0.01)
0-1 @ 7.14% (-0.0060000000000002 -0.01)
0-2 @ 4.84% (0.0069999999999997 0.01)
1-3 @ 3.47% (0.012 0.01)
2-3 @ 2.76% (0.01 0.01)
0-3 @ 2.19% (0.008 0.01)
1-4 @ 1.18% (0.0070000000000001 0.01)
2-4 @ 0.93% (0.005 0.01)
Other @ 2.46%
Total : 32.67%

How you voted: Earthquakes vs Cincinnati

San Jose Earthquakes
21.1%
Draw
21.1%
FC Cincinnati
57.9%
38
Head to Head
Sep 11, 2022 12.30am
Apr 26, 2020 10pm
May 5, 2019 3am
Gameweek 12
Earthquakes
1-0
Cincinnati
Lima (22')
Salinas (13'), Espinoza (15'), Lima (29')
Espinoza (51')

Stanko (6'), Lasso (31'), Alashe (67')
rhs 2.0
Today's games header
Tables header RHS

Eastern Conference

TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1Inter MiamiInter Miami24155454381650
2FC CincinnatiCincinnati24153643301348
3Columbus Crew22127346202643
4New York Red BullsNY Red Bulls2491143930938
5New York City FCNY City2411493529637
6Charlotte FCCharlotte FC2410682825336
7Orlando City249693837133
8CF MontrealMontreal246993448-1427
9Toronto2583143347-1427
10Nashville SCNashville2468102636-1026
11DC United2568113550-1526
12Atlanta UnitedAtlanta2467113335-225
13Chicago Fire2467112940-1125
14Philadelphia UnionPhiladelphia2459104242024
15New England RevolutionNew England2271142246-2422

Western Conference

TeamPWDLFAGDPTS
1Los Angeles GalaxyLA Galaxy25137547341346
2Real Salt LakeSalt Lake24128449311844
3Los Angeles FCLos Angeles23135545301544
4Vancouver WhitecapsVancouver2311574031938
5Colorado RapidsColorado2511594741638
6Seattle SoundersSeattle2410773426837
7Portland TimbersPortland2410684839936
8Houston DynamoHouston239773127434
9Minnesota UnitedMinnesota Utd2486103841-330
10Austin FCAustin2486102635-930
11Dallas2485113738-129
12Sporting Kansas CityKansas2565144051-1123
13St Louis City24410103145-1422
14San Jose EarthquakesEarthquakes2442183159-2814


Sports Mole provides in-depth previews and predictions for every match from the biggest leagues and competitions in world football.
Argentina's Lionel Messi kisses the World Cup trophy after collecting the Golden Ball award on December 18, 2022Sign up for our FREE daily preview newsletter direct to your inbox!